Small hunt today and question about Wachovia/Wells Fargo.

gtfan76

Jun 24, 2010
Today i was dying to hunt today but no car+no licence=no bank. So I decided to ride my bike right down the street to a publix (no banks near by). And I hit the vending machines. After about 30 min. it was time to come home. The finds are a 1940 & 1946 Nickels. Not bad i guess.

Here's the question; can you order boxes of coins from Wachovia/Wells Fargo? If so, is there a fee?

Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
any bank can order for you. the question is will they? and will they charge you a fee? don't know alot about wachovia other than the few branches i have gone into and asked for halves. most of the time the teller would ask if i had an account there. i don't so they would not service me. good luck

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I will attempt to tackle this question. Most of my dealings with WF have been great. Currently they won't order boxes for me because Loomis is hammering them with delivery fees. When they can order, I get those crappy double stacked boxes that are re-rolled by chase and warehoused by Loomis. Wells is my number one dump bank, no fees, plenty of help with the coin counter etc. They meet me at the truck, wheel all my coins in and return my 2 wheeler to my truck. The coins are credited to my account within a half hour. When I bring them more, I pick up all my canvas bags from the previous dump.
My suggestion is to sit down with one of their bankers and tell them what you want. All they can say is no. Cheers, Jim

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Well WF used to be one of my steady weekly orders for years. Just recently , 6-9 months ago,they started tacking on a $7.50 fee per box. I said bye-bye. I've heard of this in other parts of the state and country.

coolpix9 said:
I When they can order, I get those crappy double stacked boxes that are re-rolled by chase and warehoused by Loomis.

Those boxes are down right horrible out here too. But they get dropped off in a Brinks truck.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
gtfan76 said:
Today i was dying to hunt today but no car+no licence=no bank. So I decided to ride my bike right down the street to a publix (no banks near by). And I hit the vending machines. After about 30 min. it was time to come home. The finds are a 1940 & 1946 Nickels. Not bad i guess.

Here's the question; can you order boxes of coins from Wachovia/Wells Fargo? If so, is there a fee?

I get different service from Wells Fargo. I have numerous accounts there, and they treat me well. I can order whatever I want, and never get charged fees. So it depends on what you have, who you are, and who you are ordering from. I also go into other branches of Wells Fargo and ask for loose halves AND order boxes. they never ask me for an account number, so they don't know that I am a (large) customer. And they STILL give me great service! As an unknown person just walking in off the street! I go to 15 branches some weeks and order from them. Only one wanted to charge me a fee, and I avoid that one now.

So try a few branches and see what happens. But it is not the same from branch to branch. FYI.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey CP, can you expand on your "...those crappy double stacked boxes that are re-rolled by chase and warehoused by Loomis. " comment ?

I too have noticed, the last couple of months, that the boxes from WF are (obviously) being handled and re-rolled by someone "upstream". I've pointed it out to several WF managers; that the integrity of the amount is potentially being compromised in a supposedly hands-free operation (my fear is they're pulling any keepers). They say they've reported my concern, but still no change in the condition of the boxed rolls.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Update:

Picked up two more WF boxes yesterday. They continue to have been handled and re-rolled. First box was a typical (of late) skunk; but the second had seventeen keepers. Go figure.

CP, can you share with us what you meant with your comment about WF boxes and the "re-rolling by Chase and warehoused by Loomis" ?

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
From reading this forum and my own experiences I would say that fees are coming slowly and the bigger banks are easier to get coins from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread