What's new

Small shoe Buckle or knee buckle

relic lover

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
2,218
Reaction score
1,310
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another morning trip to the Colonial embankment produced various unmarked flat buttons and a nice little buckle looks a lot like a shoe Buckle frame but it's really petite and it's quite small. Maybe it was a knee buckle either way it's my first of the either kind. I included the King George 3 and Connecticut copper that were all found within 15 feet of the buckle as a size reference. Also a nice early morning shot of the colonial embankment trust me it is steeper than it looks and it gets steeper toward the top LOL. Enjoy and thanks for looking. And if you know what this Buckle is feel free to speak up.
 

Attachments

  • 1470265647775.webp
    1470265647775.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 1470265661306.webp
    1470265661306.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 1470265674086.webp
    1470265674086.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 1470265686037.webp
    1470265686037.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 1470265705326.webp
    1470265705326.webp
    181.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Upvote 14
Congrats on the buckle frame nice find
 
Thanks I did a little research and it really seems to be a knee buckle frame.
 
Hi; It's a knee Buckle. The shoe buckles were larger and heavier ok. Nice Find. PEACE:RONB
 
Yep you got yourself a nice oval knee buckle.
 
Congrats on the knee buckle. That embankment has really produced some nice stuff for you. Keep hitting it.
 
Great little knee buckle frame bud. I don't find many of those
 
Thanks for the encouragement. This thing was very very deep and surrounded in iron I almost gave up on it. But being that the signal and was only about 3 feet from where one of the coppers came up I needed to find out what it was. There was really only a one way signal but it was high.
 
Thanks for the encouragement. This thing was very very deep and surrounded in iron I almost gave up on it. But being that the signal and was only about 3 feet from where one of the coppers came up I needed to find out what it was. There was really only a one way signal but it was high.

Never give up on those weird, deep, chirpy iron signals. OutdoorAdv and I dug about 10 War of 1812 buttons that were terrible signals. Not one of them was a clean tone
 
Very nice frame. That last pic is great, with more promise once that brush dies down.
 
Yeah if I can wait for it to die down LOL I have been beating it down with my walking stick. My wife thinks I am crazy but she did buy me a set of cleats so I don't slip and break my neck. She really is my greatest treasure LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom