What's new

✅ SOLVED Smallest horseshoe I have ever seen

Organicseekers

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2018
Messages
85
Reaction score
219
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smallest horseshoe I have ever seen - what animal is it from ?

IMG_20181226_170834.webp
IMG_20181226_170823.webp

Found this looking through one of my fields today in Wales UK, its the smallest horseshoe I have ever seen.

Any ideas what this could have been from ?
 
Last edited:
Doubt its a horse shoe
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to tnet from Mi. Tommy
 
Upvote 0
Doubt its a horse shoe

I know, its puzzling me. It has all the features of a horseshoe except the size. It has 7 holes in it that either have nail heads or corroded over. I havent cleaned it up yet to get a better look.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find, Congrats!! And Welcome to TNet!!!
 
Upvote 0
Did Rudolf or Blitzen lose a shoe?
 
Upvote 0
goat shoe !!! lol i have no clue...
 
Upvote 0
looks like one of those science class magnets.
 
Upvote 0
Blakey heel protector from a boot .
 
Upvote 0
No, it's a heel plate to a man's boot. They were popular once upon a time ago, especially for work boots or military boots. We find them on occasion on US Civil War Sites.
 
Upvote 0
No, it's a heel plate to a man's boot. They were popular once upon a time ago, especially for work boots or military boots. We find them on occasion on US Civil War Sites.


If thats a heel plate I have the toe plate to go with it.IMG_E4990.webp
 
Upvote 0
Yes quit horsing around my little pony wants its shoe back Heel plate bingo
 
Upvote 0
Good job Smoky.
 
Upvote 0
Heel plate, later called taps.
No, it's a heel plate to a man's boot. They were popular once upon a time ago, especially for work boots or military boots. We find them on occasion on US Civil War Sites.
 
Upvote 0
No, it's a heel plate to a man's boot. They were popular once upon a time ago, especially for work boots or military boots. We find them on occasion on US Civil War Sites.

Like the Cav unit who pulled guard on the Wall. Bet your right, last time I saw these at clothing and sales was back in the 90s.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom