What's new

✅ SOLVED Smallest horseshoe I have ever seen

Organicseekers

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2018
Messages
85
Reaction score
219
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smallest horseshoe I have ever seen - what animal is it from ?

IMG_20181226_170834.webp
IMG_20181226_170823.webp

Found this looking through one of my fields today in Wales UK, its the smallest horseshoe I have ever seen.

Any ideas what this could have been from ?
 
Last edited:
Guess the question that should’ve been asked from the get go is what is the thickness
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I find it difficult to think its a horse shoe. Even a miniature would be extremely small for that size of shoe.

The boot heel protector is a more logical use.
 
Upvote 0
Nice looking work boot heel plate or 'heel shoe'. :thumbsup:
These date to the mid-1800s, I've found a few of them in the farm fields.
The toe-taps that attached to the front of the boot are more common finds, as they were made of brass.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Guess the question that should’ve been asked from the get go is what is the thickness

Good question. Its 1/4 inch thick. Ive been brushing it and notice that it is worn at the rear to one side like someone wearing it down walking.
 
Upvote 0
I go with heel plate. I remember that in grade school, SOME of us would have those on the heel of our "Beatle boot" shoes. THEY liked the sound of them walking around, the teachers?, not so much.
 
Upvote 0
Off of my Hobby Horse...

Heal plate is more likly though.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom