12 fresh Jalapenos
8 oz block cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 C finely grated sharp cheddar
1 Tbsp dry onion
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp barbecue rub
1 lb bacon, thin cut

Cut jalapenos in half, remove stem, seeds, and white ribs. Mix cream cheese, grated cheddar, dry spices, rub, and honey. Fill jalapeno halves with cheese mixture, then wrap each in a slice (or half slice, if using smaller jalapenos) of bacon.

Smoke with fruitwood (apple, cherry or plum) @ 300*F at grate for 30 minutes, or until bacon is golden brown. Serve and eat!

Bluezman

Attachments

• ABTs1.jpg
    ABTs1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 453
  • ABTs2.jpg
    ABTs2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 440
  • AbTs3.jpg
    AbTs3.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 446
  • AbTs4.jpg
    AbTs4.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 555
OP
OP
Bluezman

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage
I must admit I "borrowed" this recipe from Low&Slow over on the SMF forum, who "borrowed" it from someone else. Good recipes seem to get borrowed a lot. If you like to smoke, you can find some good tips over there.

Bluezman

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I love to cook with smoke,
Do it quite a lot,

We generally have a West to east wind or breeze
Last year the wind changed And a neighbor doors to the west side called the Fire Dept.

In November we smoke salmon.
Nothing like sitting and watching your favorite football team play with a smoked salmon a couple beers and an afternoon to yourself.

Thanks for the info,
Thom
OD

Thor!

Aug 30, 2005
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
1280X & Sovereign
Found your recipe yesterday afternoon and made them last night. I had to make them in the oven (boooooo) as I lent (stupidly) the smoker I made to a friend and haven't seen it since!! They were still awesome! wife and daughter ate them up! Great use for the peppers My friend grew the biggest jalapenos I have ever seen they were going red so I raided his garden and got nearly half a 5 gallon pail of them. I dried most of them mixed with my peppers I grew jalapeno (girly in comparison to his) Habenero, hot Portugal, cayenne, hot cherry and I have one random plant that looks like those pepperoncini's you see in the jar.
The hab's are ridiculously hot the kid won't touch them but the wife and I enjoy showing each other up trying to eat the most of one roasted on the grill with a steak. Can't wait to get my smoker back to try these cooked properly.

This is a pic of the type of smoker I built with a few mods.

Attachments

• smoker6.jpg
    smoker6.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,203
OP
OP
Bluezman

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage
This is the one I built.