Snagged my 3rd Walker today!

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
The day was sunny and in the high sixties! Perfect for detecting. I got off work at 12:30 this afternoon and grabbed my trusty ol' Tesoro B2µ
and just drove off in my Ranger. I had no idea which park to hit when I left but settled on a nice little park not too far from home.
I been there once before with my Explorer 2 about a year or so ago and found a Franklin Half near one of the baseball fields dugouts. Looking around the houses built near the park I decided by the size of the trees the homes must have been built around the late 50's or 60's.
So anyway I'm detecting today w/my B2µ and it's really quiet. Hardly any trash at all. Lots of old iron around there though. But the regular trash finds were far and few. Is my Bandido broke? I wonder. But it tested fine. Then i get the signal for a 1945 Walker. course I don't it's a Walker. I pin point and with my cheap ol Cen-tec Pin pointer and I'm able to detect it from the surface. Just a recent lost item. So I unearthed the half and I'm looking at it and I think....Not here. Someone just lost this. This was way too shallow to have been lost years go.
Then I got to thinking with the park so clean and me finding a silver half last time I was here, perhaps this park is where the local club has competition hunts and a few targets got lrft behind. :dontknow: Or maybe I'm just one heck of a good detectorist. :headbang:

Attachments

• P1020302.JPG
    P1020302.JPG
    367.2 KB · Views: 879
  • P1020304.JPG
    P1020304.JPG
    353.1 KB · Views: 871
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice coin. Go for more. HH......

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice going!
I think when some people get a signal like that they write it off to a can top or big trash. I found 2 of them myself last year and though one was extremely deep, the other one hit really hard and was only around 6" or 7" and just about blew my phones off. It was in an area that got pounded pretty hard but yet there it was... VDI was perfect and a beautiful sweet tone that I knew was a keeper.

I also hit a park a few years ago that had also had a lot of pressure, but the ones I saw were swinging like they were in a competition hunt. I ended up digging close to a 100.00 in clad, a few silver dimes and 5 huge football and soccer referee coins. How they missed those I'll never know, but I bet it has something to do with ignoring great signals and that's great for us.

HH

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Very nice find. You can say that lady just walked into you hands.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
hmm you said one heck of a detectorist!!! ??? ??? ??? what about the scratches? just kidding :laughing7: :laughing7: awesome coin! congrats. willy

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice half :icon_thumleft: this must be Silver half week i need to get out there but i gotta wait is that green grass i see lucky you :thumbsup:

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250
It goes to show you can't tell by depth alone. Depending on soil conditions, usage of the area good things can be not so deep. I have seen large cents dug at a homesite at just a few inches down and have dug memorials at 6" so I dig any coin signal even if shallow. If its just clad it adds up if it is something better then do the happy dance!

OP
OP
Corben

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
dfx willy said:
hmm you said one heck of a detectorist!!! ??? ??? ??? what about the scratches? just kidding :laughing7: :laughing7: awesome coin! congrats. willy
Not sure if I did that or not. Those scratches weren't real bright like others I have scratched in the past. But I wasn't careful to dig it up cause it was so close to the surface! I really think it was a forgotten coin from a club hunt. Scratched or not she'll look good in the collection!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet walker ;D MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions