What's new

Snake

witgar

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2007
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Flanders
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70 pro
hi everyone,

A few months ago I've found this snake in Russia but it got back in my mind today.
It sure looks bronze. It's about 5-6cm long.
Can anyone date this? It reminds me of the golden horde culture but i'm not sure at all.

friendly greetings
 

Attachments

  • snake.webp
    snake.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 361
You have one half of a snake buckle. I don't have a pic but you should be able to Google it.
 
Upvote 0
duggap said:
You have one half of a snake buckle. I don't have a pic but you should be able to Google it.
I dont know the date because they were widely used but duggap is correct.
 

Attachments

  • snake buckle.webp
    snake buckle.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 296
  • snake buckle.webp
    snake buckle.webp
    24.4 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0
indeed, thanks.
I didn't see a hole so it couldn't be a pendant but you're right.
 
Upvote 0
Classic 'Snake' Buckle piece. As previously mentioned, quite difficult to date, as they were propular for many hundreds of years & even used today. Although I think its fairly safe to say yours looks mid-1800s or earlier.

Very nice find in my books :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
It would look something like this complete.
 

Attachments

  • buckleSnakeBelt.webp
    buckleSnakeBelt.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 281
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
It would look something like this complete.

sometimes more elabrate fixings as well. ie the snake's tail hooking into a 'Lions' mouth.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom