Snakes bad

I used too think they were cool but now not as much

I seem to remember reading that it is advised to get a tetanus shot after any snake bite even from nonpoisonous snakes.

I seem to remember reading that it is advised to get a tetanus shot after any snake bite even from nonpoisonous snakes.

I've never heard that hope it's not true I'm way over due on tetanus

I've never heard that hope it's not true I'm way over due on tetanus

I've been bitten by quite a few garter snakes as a kid. The bite is usually no worse than getting scratched by a thorn but the snakes saliva can make it sting a little. Worse then their bite is if you pick up a wild one they will crap on you. Like if you grab their head so they can't bite they can still make you put them down. You should get a tetanus shot if you are overdue because its the thing to do, but as far as the snake bite, I think you will be fine. Be careful out there.

I'm beginning to think this is a conversation between joe hunter and jeff gordon and they got interrupted by other people.:laughing7:

Snakes just is. They are neither bad nor evil. Just doing their best to be snakes when you interrupted.

That said: I came across a four foot rat snake in the barn this spring and about had the big one. But we went our own ways and one of us was shrieking like an eleven year old girl.

Snakes just is. They are neither bad nor evil. Just doing their best to be snakes when you interrupted.

That said: I came across a four foot rat snake in the barn this spring and about had the big one. But we went our own ways and one of us was shrieking like an eleven year old girl.

Rat snakes are cool. Unless you are a rat.

Snakes around red Bad!!! She Would Be Climbing Me !!! Never Mind!!! Chug

Only snake ive been bit by was ike a 2.5 foot water snake

I used to play with snakes ( still do ) as a kid like most kids do with puppies & kitties . I found a 3 1/2 ft water snake one day and got a REAL attitude adjustment from it . LOL Those water snakes are nasty critters .:laughing7:

I used to play with snakes ( still do ) as a kid like most kids do with puppies & kitties . I found a 3 1/2 ft water snake one day and got a REAL attitude adjustment from it . LOL Those water snakes are nasty critters .:laughing7:

You are right water snakes will bite you fast and can be mean. I used to catch snakes as a kid and sell them to pet stores.

Sooo we can all agree to disagree snakes be bad? :tongue3:

And peroxide devolves the skin and increases scaring alcohol or antiseptic wipes are better

As a guy that has had a rough-and-tumble career as a construction worker, I've been injured a lot, especially in a dirty environment.

I've used peroxide (dilute) to clean the wound initially, and it's been a huge success to prevent the almost inevitable infection.

Water snakes are bad tempered; as kids we had a dispute with one over a swimming hole. We won.

Last edited:
You are right water snakes will bite you fast and can be mean. I used to catch snakes as a kid and sell them to pet stores.

LOL ! Come to think of it , back in 7th grade ( long time ago ) I took baby snakes to school and sold them for $5.00 a piece . I would just carry them in my pocket all day until I had a buyer . Of course this is also around the time I figured out what girls were all about . Carrying snakes in your pockets and meeting young laies just did'nt go together to well ....:dontknow:..... The girls eventually won out ......:laughing7:

I have corn and rat snakes as pets and no need to get a shot. I'd just clean it with peroxide or something.
I've handled snakes regularly since I was a kid and it took 40 years before one bit me.

Well I just got back from the doctor got a tetanus haven't had one in seventeen years overdue anyway (.ill stop crying now Jeff )

I had a snake sink its fangs into my wrist when I was 7...still have the scars...
snakes are not evil...just snakes...I believe they are big gossips...you mess with one snake...and it tells everyone it knows...kinda like living in a small town...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back