What's new

🐍🫨Season of snakes in the area🐍🐍

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2021
Messages
1,381
Reaction score
4,916
Golden Thread
0
When is snake season in your area ?

Be careful use protection and keep your eye no only on the coins targets🤪


Check the photo showing 42 centigrades, equivalente to 107.6 F
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1667.webp
    IMG_1667.webp
    197.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1649.webp
    IMG_1649.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1669.webp
    IMG_1669.webp
    240.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1662.webp
    IMG_1662.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1651.webp
    IMG_1651.webp
    901.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 6B26EC4E-29A7-4211-A081-74182144E203.webp
    6B26EC4E-29A7-4211-A081-74182144E203.webp
    437.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0962.webp
    IMG_0962.webp
    735.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0961.webp
    IMG_0961.webp
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0880.webp
    IMG_0880.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0871.webp
    IMG_0871.webp
    5.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0870.webp
    IMG_0870.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0869.webp
    IMG_0869.webp
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0868.webp
    IMG_0868.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0786.webp
    IMG_0786.webp
    5.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0611.webp
    IMG_0611.webp
    797.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0612.webp
    IMG_0612.webp
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1666.webp
    IMG_1666.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 33c37f9a-0ac3-4e16-9340-92c3b92c9988.webp
    33c37f9a-0ac3-4e16-9340-92c3b92c9988.webp
    218.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0457.webp
    IMG_0457.webp
    584 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0123.webp
    IMG_0123.webp
    2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0128.webp
    IMG_0128.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8811.webp
    IMG_8811.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8810.webp
    IMG_8810.webp
    798 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8807.webp
    IMG_8807.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • E0DE6E20-E14C-4D47-849A-151882BA8395.webp
    E0DE6E20-E14C-4D47-849A-151882BA8395.webp
    611.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8238.webp
    IMG_8238.webp
    122.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8237.webp
    IMG_8237.webp
    110 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8234.webp
    IMG_8234.webp
    189.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1121.webp
    IMG_1121.webp
    77 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Upvote 15
I always enjoy your posts. I took the tour of your home area and the landscape slowly, enjoying the tools, flowers, dog, food and house. All poisonous snakes are far to the south of us, so far. Ticks have moved north and become the a major pest for some detectorists not far away from me.
 
Snakes are mostly nocturnal here right now because of the heat. Did kill a copper head last week in cattle trough though. Nice post.
 
That was a really nice post of pictures!
I've been very lucky to have seen no snakes all summer, but I do always wear snake gaiters when I hunt the desert and forests.
 
I always enjoy your posts. I took the tour of your home area and the landscape slowly, enjoying the tools, flowers, dog, food and house. All poisonous snakes are far to the south of us, so far. Ticks have moved north and become the a major pest for some detectorists not far away from me.
Thanks for your comments, great that you have not snakes in the area

Keep moving the detector

Keep posting and commenting

Keep in touch

👍🏽
 
Snakes are mostly nocturnal here right now because of the heat. Did kill a copper head last week in cattle trough though. Nice post.
Thank you

Here snakes are nocturnal, but also are moving during the day.

rattlessnakes are everywere in the area

Take care

👍🏽🤩
 
That was a really nice post of pictures!
I've been very lucky to have seen no snakes all summer, but I do always wear snake gaiters when I hunt the desert and forests.
I would like to detect in desert sound interesting 🤩👍🏽

Keep in touch odmxrat
 
Last edited:
We have no venomous snakes in my area. Ticks and chiggers are thick here!!
 
Looks like your having a great time !
 
Rattle snakes are a common sight here, even in the exurban area. What I don't understand, are people who stop their car and let them cross the road! Me? I run over the slithery little buggers! On the opposite end of the spectrum, are the tiny blind snakes. They're seldom over 6 inches as adults, and babies no more than an inch.
 
August is the time rattlesnakes give birth. Half of all rattlesnake bite are on hand or arm, so be careful if you reach for something on the ground. They are very hard to see. I’ve seen people walk up and stop and the snake was in inches from the guy. Didn’t strike.

Did I mention half the bites are to males in their 20’s with alcohol consumption. A guy told me one swam up to their raft so they smashed it with their paddle. The snake was floating upside down on the water and one guy grabbed it to pick it up. It was still alive and bite him on the hand.
 
Last edited:
When I say they are hard to see I suspect some people will not take heed to this warning. Good thing is most bites are not fatal. Oh, just remembered that TV show about that doctor who treats snake bites. Some guy had his arm sliced open the whole length. Not a pretty sight!

If you are in snake country they can slither up on you after you think you have thoroughly searched the area.

Of course on hot days they are in the shade. Can’t see them as good.

I told a friend if you use a stick and hit the ground out in front of you sometimes you can get them to move enough that you can see them. So he was out fishing with some guys and told them about this. It wasn’t twenty yards later a guy stirred up a big bull snake that reared up to what seemed like about crotch high and hissed at him like a rattlesnake sound. The poor guy about fainted!
 
Last edited:
Our snake season seems to start any time I step into the woods !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom