tamrock
Platinum Member
One of the things I like to do is go through the boxes of old photo's found in antique stores. I came across a bunch that had old shots of Washington DC and some were handwritten with a blue ink pen with some info of the photo and a few with the date June 1943. This 5-1/4" x 4" B&W photo is handwritten on the back, "Science Research Lab Anacostia D.C. Movie Stars etc.(no info as to who these people are). I would say the tall fellow 4th from the left-back-row is Jimmy Stewart, but that's just my opinion for now. As for the other people or so called movie stars in the photo, I've no clue just who they are?... I would say the photo was out of a personal collection that someone took of a trip to Washington D.C. in 1943. I also purchsed other photo I liked of D.C. from the collection.
I got the pictures out and I've no clue why the date June 1943 was on my brain? Only some of the pictures of Washington D.C. from the collection just have the year on them and that is 1942' What a curve ball I made of myself. This is a picture of the backs of the pictures from the collection the one on the top is the info on the movie star picture. I do think DCMATT has got himself dialed in on the story behind this picture. The 22/.50 is from the antique mall dealer No.22 who sold the photos for 50 cents each.












