What's new

snow birds

liftloop

Silver Member
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
3,160
Reaction score
390
Golden Thread
0
Location
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's that time again the ground is going to start freezing and were going to get snow.....been seeing Snow bird all this week and last.....flocks of them taking off with the white on their feathers....Such a pretty bird....they hang a round till Snow...then they'll take off and you won't see them till a nother year....That if you take... the time too notice them.
 
The Snowbirds are beautiful; So beautiful, in fact, that we plan to follow them all the way to Corpus Christi Bay next week. And we're not coming back till Spring, either :angel8:
 
Excellent...I hope your travel is safe and you find some then good :icon_thumleft:
 
Me too. For the first time in my life I can do what I want & the wife & I are heading to southern Alabama very near the Gulf coast in an RV. Any tips on places to detect would be greatly appreciated.
 
I've been hearing them birds flying over the house but I thought it was the
Sandhill Cranes.
 
So is that why they call the senior citizens here that go south for the winter snow birds? White hair? Hate the cold? Didn't know a snow bird was a real bird...lol.

And this is snow...

Al
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1873.webp
    DSCF1873.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 258
  • DSCF1873.webp
    DSCF1873.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 258
Deepskyal, that was a joke.......I spent 5 winters in the U.P. of Michigan.......I KNOW what snow is. BTW, in your picture you can still see the cars, not even reason to call off school! ;D
 
Roland58 said:
Deepskyal, that was a joke.......I spent 5 winters in the U.P. of Michigan.......I KNOW what snow is. BTW, in your picture you can still see the cars, not even reason to call off school! ;D
Like this ? The red object on the left is a 1 ton Chevy ramptruck. :laughing9:
 

Attachments

  • Snow 3-1-08 002.webp
    Snow 3-1-08 002.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 233
I only see snowbirds (Junco) in the winter. But I love to detect in the fall so I have the a month or so off great hunting.
 
deepskyal said:
So is that why they call the senior citizens here that go south for the winter snow birds? White hair? Hate the cold? Didn't know a snow bird was a real bird...lol.

And this is snow...

Al

Hell, I though he was talking about old people when I read the thread title.
 
and they all come to naples to steals my treasure and drive slow the roads :( :angry5: :laughing9:
 
colorado14ers said:
and they all come to naples to steals my treasure and drive slow the roads :( :angry5: :laughing9:

And we up north here sure do appreciate your looking after them for us :laughing7:.

Al
 
Uses guy's are great... love the hole bunch of yas's.....Deepskyal...I have to say you look like a good Friend of mine a round hear from that picture Man OO man isn't that the way it goes...well thanks for all the replies to my post... the snow birds are still hear.. so that means no snow for now. liftloop
 
:laughing9: I can hardly wait for snow-bird season to open. They're great on the grill. Car, truck or cooker.:tongue3:
 
NHBandit said:
Roland58 said:
Deepskyal, that was a joke.......I spent 5 winters in the U.P. of Michigan.......I KNOW what snow is. BTW, in your picture you can still see the cars, not even reason to call off school! ;D
Like this ? The red object on the left is a 1 ton Chevy ramptruck. :laughing9:

Is that a Grand National? Even if you lie, please tell me you were putting it to bed...
On second look, it appears to just be a Chevy....
 
we plan on snowbirding at port a (south texas coast) this jan and feb so i sure hope that the locals saved us a ring or two to find on the beach while we enjoy mding there suprdave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom