Snow on the Superstition mountains

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
This certified desert rat became a REVERSE snowbird...Getting a little crowded in the valley, really all over the state...I moved away from AZ and love the snow!

Snow1.JPG

Snow2.JPG

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like mid to low 20's, a few inches of fresh snow and a good sled to ride.
Three hundred miles of groomed trails and frozen lakes with three restaurants in a single day.....priceless.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This certified desert rat became a REVERSE snowbird...Getting a little crowded in the valley, really all over the state...I moved away from AZ and love the snow!

View attachment 1897496

View attachment 1897497

PBJ, I gave you a LIKE for the post, but I DON'T like what I saw in it. We got 12" of snow in Pinos Altos yesterday and it only reminds me why I prefer sunshine and mild temps. We need the moisture, true, but I'll take the liquid phase, please - not the frozen one. I've always considered harsh winter as a form of punishment. Hope we get some 'global warming' today.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing like mid to low 20's, a few inches of fresh snow and a good sled to ride.
Three hundred miles of groomed trails and frozen lakes with three restaurants in a single day.....priceless.

Yep, I'd probably move up your way except they would take most of my guns and half my money before they let me in. Might have to make do with Alaska ;) ...someday. For now, the Adirondacks kinda reminds me of what AZ used to be like, at least the northern part of AZ up near Flag anyway. Always loved going to Snowbowl and the smell of pines.

Steve, I know what you mean...I'm reversed tho, I don't like temps above 80F anymore. This from a guy who used to wear flannel shirts in the desert in summertime. Don't know what happened. I love the snow and can stay out and work in it all day. Has to be below freezing before I can stand putting a jacket on. A few years back I was out in 2ft of snow trying to plow with my ATV, which was a bit too deep for the quad so I had to horse it around/wrassle with it...I got so overheated I stripped down to t-shirt, long underwear and insulated boots...the wife didn't quit laughing til spring.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, I'd probably move up your way except they would take most of my guns and half my money before they let me in. Might have to make do with Alaska ;) ...someday. For now, the Adirondacks kinda reminds me of what AZ used to be like, at least the northern part of AZ up near Flag anyway. Always loved going to Snowbowl and the smell of pines.

Steve, I know what you mean...I'm reversed tho, I don't like temps above 80F anymore. This from a guy who used to wear flannel shirts in the desert in summertime. Don't know what happened. I love the snow and can stay out and work in it all day. Has to be below freezing before I can stand putting a jacket on. A few years back I was out in 2ft of snow trying to plow with my ATV, which was a bit too deep for the quad so I had to horse it around/wrassle with it...I got so overheated I stripped down to t-shirt, long underwear and insulated boots...the wife didn't quit laughing til spring.

Yeah, as I've aged, my comfort zone seems to have shrunk. I'm good about 50-80F for most things. I'm at 7,000 ft. elevation, so I'm in that zone more often than not. Juniper pollen in the spring is my biggest gripe. That's when I leave for a month, but I don't know if that'll be happening anymore.

Cold shaman.JPG

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pot Belly Jim....I understand your loving the cold area. I moved away from the heat to the high country here. I scraped about one foot of "Global Warming" off my windshield yesterday morning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread