So I was out in my backyard searching when this appears!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Attachments

• 28fqmxyar54k.jpg
    28fqmxyar54k.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 302
  • 6vfbcpfibc8l.jpg
    6vfbcpfibc8l.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 66
That's in nice shape. I have one from the same year, but only clear enough to identify.

very nice coin in great shape for a copper!

t_r.gif
t_o.gif
s.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE Liberty FIND :..

tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from Metal Detecting over to Our Discoveries > Today's Finds! for more exposure :..​

with stems, details likely XF----figger about 100,000 times face value, -----------------that would be $1000 in cash or money. :occasion18::tchest::icon_biggrin::icon_salut:

What on earth is happening here ? When i look at todays finds for the last day or two, it's packed with early American coppers and silvers ???

That's a beauty! I would spend a little more time in the backyard if I was you :laughing7:

I don't remember seeing a DB that nice on here - that looks to be XF details (at least ) maybe dropped in AU condition , excellent find !

Thanks for the nice comments. I have been working my yard and adjoining fields mostly finding stuff like matchboxes and 1940's cents and bullets. I was quite surprised when this popped out. I didn't think it would be worth this much!

Maine_Jim

Condition is definitely far superior to what is usually encountered for an early copper. What side is usually noticeably worse than the other, but your coin is an exception.

Gotta love that coin!! Well done, congrats and HH

I've never dug a coin I'd consider having graded or cleaned or whatever by professionals. If I found that sweet penny I'd look into what might be the best option for restoration and grading. Very nice lawn care mission. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back