What's new

So the Bank Called.....

TXPlugKutter

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
314
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore, Nox 600, Ace 250
and told me they had a guy drop off of a bunch of halves. They asked me for a list before asking what I was interested in all levels of change/currency. They have kept old nickels and bills before, but today they said they had some I would want. So off to the bank I went. Turns out someone had dropped off about 100 Kennedy halves. The bank sorted them according to my list. Turns out there were 56 40% ers. No 90% but I'll take that any day. Paid $28.00 for the pile.
Hope I get some more like that!!! She also had two war nickels and a Ten dollar bill from the 60's.
 

Attachments

  • Halves.webp
    Halves.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 445
Upvote 0
WTG!!! Schweet. Must be nice to have the tellers sort for you.......ha! Well maybe?
 
LJ said:
WTG!!! Schweet. Must be nice to have the tellers sort for you.......ha! Well maybe?

They have told me that they weren't interested in the old coins. Could be leading me on but they have produced some good stuff for me. Most of them are older ladies and they have sorta adopted me.
 
That is sweet...I had a teller give me 10 40% that "kept jamming the machine" while she was emptying the coin counting machine for me...she told me, "You know those are silver"...I replied, "Really?" ;D
 
killerwine said:
That is sweet...I had a teller give me 10 40% that "kept jamming the machine" while she was emptying the coin counting machine for me...she told me, "You know those are silver"...I replied, "Really?" ;D

That's the ticket!
 
TXTim said:
killerwine said:
That is sweet...I had a teller give me 10 40% that "kept jamming the machine" while she was emptying the coin counting machine for me...she told me, "You know those are silver"...I replied, "Really?" ;D

That's the ticket!

Should have told her, "Damn silver coins...Should be a law against them!" ;D
 
Should have told her, "Damn silver coins...Should be a law against them!" ;D
[/quote]




Ha, good one and sorry but I going to have to confiscate them ... congrats on that nice scalp :thumbsup:
 
It's funny how we get all crazy over silver and some people could care less. I've had a few tellers tell me, this one is silver, do you want it. HECK YA.
 
Ha, S-F it is ironic and pretty comical in a way ... we haul on hundreds of lbs of coins, flip thousands of dollars , spend countless hours in our quests :icon_jokercolor: and others give the stuff away .... found the same thing when I was into baseball cards etc. too ... different strokes for different folks I guess :)
 
Yeah every now and then they will call me and ask me about a certain coin or bill. I tell them what its worth and they either keep it or sell it to me for face value. They have been real good to me at that bank. Been going there for about 15 years now. Hopefully I can get some more great deals.
Its gonna be hard to pass up that many silvers though at one time. Its my record!!
 
wow, I wish my local bank was that nice, usually they just try to screw me. lol, good find nice tellers :thumbsup:

SEMPER FI :icon_sunny:
 
gggg's now there isnt any sorting involved. Just pick up the good stuff, i love that style of CRH. Maybe i can make my tellers do that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom