What's new

So

This doesn't involve treasure hunting, but it is one horrid forget.

Last winter, my wife had me drive her to the bus to go to the US. I asked her when she got in the car if she had her documents. Usually, I make her show them to me. But, she was so positive she had them that I skipped that step.

Well, she had had them just before she changed purses but not after. :occasion14:

All night on the bus, 15 hours it never occurred to her to look. When she hit the US border, she found she couldn't enter.

Then, she did not bother to call, so she was actually missing for 24 hours. Panic in the entire family. McAllen police looking for her. We were standing in front of our house discussing what to do when she came walking down the walk. She got on a bus coming back, and spent another night. She tried to call once, and couldn't figure out how to call, so just didn't bother again. She seemed surprised we were nervous.

Never again will I let her go without personally seeing her documents. And, she no longer complains when I tell her I have to see them first.

Also, I bought a $35 cell phone so she can call us if there are any problems.

When I was a kid you just got in the car and went to Mexico or you got in the car and came here. Or when I spent summers with my abuelo in Brownsville and had friends my age in Mexico, you got on the Transporte del Norte(if I recall correctly) and you went over for $.10 and came back the same way. Mexican citizens just rode the bus over, shopped or worked or visited and then went home. Nobody needed papers and everyone smiled at you. Now I can't even go across to have a beer and ***** without a passport. I'm an anglo and have always loved Mexico, maybe because it is so beautiful.
 
One time I drove at least 10 miles, my glasses were in my pocket, leaned over the truck to get my machine out, busted my glasses, couldn't read the meter or see what I was attempting to dig. Bunched it and went home.
 
I had everything...drove to work! As Homer says "dooo"
 
billythekidder said:
I had everything...drove to work! As Homer says "dooo"

Ok now that's fricken funny.
 
Have you ever drove ten miles from home and pull your tector out and find that you forgot to put your battery pack in your machine.
I do not drive.
 
Get 1 of these & put all your stash in it & you wont ever forget it!
th
 
treasure hunter, she's a keeper!
 
Spartacus never forgets......to make me LMAO:laughing7:
 
The less you take MDing, the less you have to forget. i.e. the KISS rule--keep it simple simon (I can't use the word I originally learned this phrase...edited for family friendly content 8-)).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom