What's new

So

ticm

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2007
Messages
3,243
Reaction score
792
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Have you ever drove ten miles from home and pull your tector out and find that you forgot to put your battery pack in your machine.
 
Have you ever drove ten miles from home and pull your tector out and find that you forgot to put your battery pack in your machine.

no but i have drove 30 miles and then realized i forgot my digger :BangHead:
 
Bet ya said a bad word....fess up :evil6:
 
Course not. Have been in lake to fish with no fishing rod. Probably all proud i remembered to put the drain plug in till i went to cast.
Have had to dig holes with my pocket knife. Seems to up the odds of having deeper targets.
 
Last edited:
I have seen sane men go crazy when they forget their battery packs. When I get out of this straight jacket I will be able to remember to bring mine...hah haha aha ha ha
 
Been there done that...On way to beach , 65 miles 1 way, half way there realize forgot my water scoop.

Another time went to a competition hunt, got there and realized I had left my main detector on front porch, wife met me halfway with it....
 
Nope.. Then again, had you been a Boy Scout you may have avoided that too :laughing7:
 
Still not as bad as forgetting to put the bilge plug in the boat before launching. :icon_pale:
 
Have you ever drove ten miles from home and pull your tector out and find that you forgot to put your battery pack in your machine.

Yes. Been there and done that. Went to a park and everything was open and fine. No batteries. Went to closest store and purchased batteries. Went back and gate was shut, and parked being cleaned up for winter shut down. Which reminds me, I need to go there right away, because they'll be shutting it down anytime.
 
​......No i never left any thing behind so far.......I have a check list i go over ... You all should try that .....
 
​......No i never left any thing behind so far.......I have a check list i go over ... You all should try that .....

Honey?have you seen my lists? :icon_scratch: no ,just goin to check the mail,really.
 
This doesn't involve treasure hunting, but it is one horrid forget.

Last winter, my wife had me drive her to the bus to go to the US. I asked her when she got in the car if she had her documents. Usually, I make her show them to me. But, she was so positive she had them that I skipped that step.

Well, she had had them just before she changed purses but not after. :occasion14:

All night on the bus, 15 hours it never occurred to her to look. When she hit the US border, she found she couldn't enter.

Then, she did not bother to call, so she was actually missing for 24 hours. Panic in the entire family. McAllen police looking for her. We were standing in front of our house discussing what to do when she came walking down the walk. She got on a bus coming back, and spent another night. She tried to call once, and couldn't figure out how to call, so just didn't bother again. She seemed surprised we were nervous.

Never again will I let her go without personally seeing her documents. And, she no longer complains when I tell her I have to see them first.

Also, I bought a $35 cell phone so she can call us if there are any problems.
 
We went to a pretty remote spot out in the bayou last year and realized an hour after we got there and were off in the sticks that we forgot to bring any water....... Never did that again.
 
Have you ever drove ten miles from home and pull your tector out and find that you forgot to put your battery pack in your machine.

I've driven over 10 mile to detect & forgot my detector :tongue3:

& have driven at least a mile after running over my detector at a site, before I realized I didn't put it in My
vehicle after hunting.

I've drvin' 30 mile one way without Headphones, then 30 more Mile round trip to walmart to buy new ones

I've driven 10 Mile & forgot my Pinpointer, Then gave up & went back home for the day.

I've Forgotten My digger at a Lake site I was hunting & went home,
Thankfully a friend took it home with him for me

Not sure if I ever went detecting & Forgot my Batteries, or Digger at home, If I did,
I forgot I did it :laughing7: but YES Most Likely :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
Have you ever drove ten miles from home and pull your tector out and find that you forgot to put your battery pack in your machine.

I've driven over 10 mile to detect & forgot my detector :tongue3:

& have driven at least a mile after running over my detector at a site, before I realized I didn't put it in My
vehicle after hunting.

I've drvin' 30 mile one way without Headphones, then 30 more Mile round trip to walmart to buy new ones

I've driven 10 Mile & forgot my Pinpointer, Then gave up & went back home for the day.

I've Forgotten My digger at a Lake site I was hunting & went home,
Thankfully a friend took it home with him for me

I went detecting & forgot where I was planning on going detecting

Not sure if I ever went detecting & Forgot my Batteries or Digger at home, If I did,
I forgot I did it :laughing7:

Alien Mind Control from Nibiru & Planet Gootan !
 
Last edited:
Jeff, you know I'm the kind of guy that like to give different alternatives/options, so here you go :headbang:

1- Nail, or staple any important list to your forehead.
2- Buy my pamphlet, 25 Ways to Improve Your Memory (Subtitled) Unless You've Already Forgotten Where You Left This Phamplet
3- Hire a Gunga Din and give him explicit instructions every day

Good luck with that memory thing, but you probably forgot reading these tips anyway :laughing7:
 
Thats what you tell your spouses ! What were you really doing there?
 
LOL...sounds like we are all a touch forgetful at times.
 
I go detecting and forget my wife all the time. LoL.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom