What's new

Solid boxes of copper pennies

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bank said they had $500 in pennies, I asked how they could get that many ( I had cleaned them out of $400 earlier). They said an old lady came in with them. They all have dates on the side of the rolls from early 70's to early 80's. I picked up four boxes so far. I'm not a very active ebay member, so I'm not sure if I should go that route. Any ideas?

HH
-GC
 
Upvote 0
you can make a quick buck on ebay so go that route... or store them
 
i'd put them on e-bay, its easy to set up an account
 
i'd put them on e-bay, its easy to set up an account
 
Good find. What I would do is sit on them for a while and hope they make scrapping of pennies legal then the price will go higher. Not a ton of people melt down their own pennies. The people buying either melt their own or they are buying cheap and waiting til its legal and selling high. Right now there is not a ton of money to b made off of copper pennies. Just from what I have seen and heard. Good find!
 
ya, i would sit on 'em for a while too. good luck, hope u find some solid rolls of wheats too!
keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom