Solid score and teaching the wife

Caphck

Greenie
Jan 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to take my kid to a small local strip mall on Saturday to pick up a present. Was a mall I usually do not go to but as I was there I noticed 5 banks in the mall. Picked up the gift and decided to do a 5 minute walk and look for CWRs and teller tray finds. Bank 1, nothing; Bank 2 nothing; Bank 3, closed; Bank 4, noth......wait the teller next to the one I was asking said how much do you want, of course I said all of it, she had $60; Bank 5, nothing.

So a 5 minute walk produced 6 customer wrapped rolls. They looked like newer wrapped so I was not that excited, plus the fact that the store I went to to pick up the gift was a card store that sells coins I figured this would be a dead area. I get into the car and pop open one roll to see and lo and behold two silver rims. Now I am excited but wait until I get home to open the rest.

When I get home my wife asks what the rolls are for. I go through the whole CRH thing (a reminder since me and my kids had gone through an entire water jug of coins we had when I learned about CRH when I started collecting silver coins, AEs, pandas and stuff - skunked on that search). Pop the already opened roll for her and she gets excited when I point out the silver rims.

All rolls produced, was pretty cool:

Roll 1: 2 40s
Roll 2: 2 40s
Roll 3: 1 40
Roll 4: 3 40s
Roll 5: 2 40s and 1 90
Roll 6: 5 40s

All in 15 40s and 1 90 for a 5 minute walk when I was not even on the hunt. Took a picture but do not have my cable to upload, will do so tomorrow.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Caphck

Greenie
Jan 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic of the find

Silver Find IV (small).jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd sure say that was some smart shopping. :thumbsup:

And congrats too on having a wife who shares your interest in the hobby.....I've yet to find a woman who has any interest in the hobby myself....and I'm even currently dating a woman who works in the loan dept of a bank but talking to her about coins is about the same as talking to myself....oh well. :dontknow:

H$H!

Last edited:

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice haul.. Next time my wife wants to take me shopping with her I may just go...:thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

Caphck

Greenie
Jan 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It always becomes easier when you tell her that the 40% are ~9x return on investment and the 90% are ~22x return on investment

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you could teach me how to fine silver like that!! Nice!!I can only get boxes i do a few boxes every week. I do find some silver just not in rolls!!

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 5 minutes was totally worth it, good score!

OP
OP
C

Caphck

Greenie
Jan 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest I am not a huge CRH. Decided to try it again after a slow start. I got a few boxes and got skunked so that was it. I recently started a new job and there are a cluster of banks around me so I decided to simply search for CWR and teller tray finds. I will say I have been running very good on that, 27 40% and 6 90% since the start of 2013, but I am sure I am do for a lull soon. All that said this is an opportunistic hobby for me, if I am out and near a bank or cluster of banks I will do it.

All of that said there is nothing like the thrill of the hunt and when those silver rims pop up it is an awesome feeling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread