What's new

Solid silver teller tray + months totals (Goal reached!)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solid silver teller tray + month's totals (Goal reached!)

Hello everyone, this starts on Saturday. I dumped and picked up $60 in halfs and $240 in quarters. 1 40% from the hand rolled, and nothing from the quarters. Dumped again, and went to one of my favorite banks inside a supermarket. I walked up to the teller, mind you I haven't been there in a month, and she says "I got some coins for you." She went on to say that one one had inherited a bunch of IKEs, and I bought them all. $65 worth, all but three 1976 in great shape. I keep them all because they are rare around here and sell good on ebay. Then, she said if I wanted halfs, and I said of course. She pops open the case and I see solid silver. She plunks down 4 40%, 2 90%, and my oldest half now, a 1946 Booker T. Washington half! Couldn't wait to get them in my hand. I then pick up some rolled coined- $20 in nickels, $150 in dimes, and $50 in pennies.
Today, I went through the rest. Pennies started off good with up to two wheats per roll for a while, with a really rusted steel cent, can't get a mint off it. Then it started to flat line, but then I got one of my goals. And old type Canadian cent! It has completed my first set of goals, joining an Indian (x5 so far) and merc (x60+). I then went though the rest, came up with an error (any help?), two 1996 cayman island cents, 16 wheats, and 7 old canadians. Nothing in the other denominations....

I felt I should add month totals and they are-
Indian- 1
Wheats- 65 (one steel)
Old Canadians- 24
Buffs- 4
War nickels-178 (that's what the rolls are)
Old Canadian nickels- 5
Silver dimes- 9
silver Canadian dimes- 2
40% halves- 5
90% halves- 2
Booker T. Washington commemorative- 1

Foreign
1990 Belgium 1 Franc
2005 France 2 cent
2005 Ireland 2 cent
1991 Bermuda 1 cent
1971 German 10 Pfennig

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3396.webp
    IMG_3396.webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_3397.webp
    IMG_3397.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_3398.webp
    IMG_3398.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_3399.webp
    IMG_3399.webp
    61.8 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_3401.webp
    IMG_3401.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_3402.webp
    IMG_3402.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_3403.webp
    IMG_3403.webp
    52.9 KB · Views: 480
Upvote 0
Re: Solid silver teller tray + month's totals (Goal reached!)

Nice Booker-T
 
Re: Solid silver teller tray + month's totals (Goal reached!)

Booker T! That was the first silver half I ever found, so it has a special place in my heart, haha. Nice finds.
 
Re: Solid silver teller tray + month's totals (Goal reached!)

Incredible teller you got there. Great Booker T. and all the rest.

-Golden Silver
 
Re: Solid silver teller tray + month's totals (Goal reached!)

I was just gonna open an account at that bank, too. Uh...where is it again?
 
Re: Solid silver teller tray + month's totals (Goal reached!)

Wow - great job!!!! What is the year on that IH? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Solid silver teller tray + month's totals (Goal reached!)

I love those foreign pennies. Very cool finds!
 
Re: Solid silver teller tray + month's totals (Goal reached!)

Very nice! as for the error, sorry but that's post mint damage. Keep looking!

HH
Gilbert
 
Re: Solid silver teller tray + month's totals (Goal reached!)

Awesome Booker T! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Solid silver teller tray + month's totals (Goal reached!)

nice stuff you got there...have to agree though....post mint damage :thumbsup:
BTW love that Canadian Oldie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom