What's new

SOLVED: Button find... would like to ID it.

Butler

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
168
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
Hi,

Found this yesterday and looked it up but can't seem to find anything on it. Found a couple that come close but not exact. I'm guessing mid 1800's but would like to know more. I was wondering if anyone has any info on it? Thanks!!

1116346234_bDFvz-L.jpg


1116346533_qzrAZ-L.jpg
 
Re: Button find... would like to ID it.

the backmark would indicate 1880-1920 time frame
The Great Seal of Wisconsin
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button find... would like to ID it.

creskol said:
the backmark would indicate 1880-1920 time frame
The Great Seal of Wisconsin

Thanks for the Wisconsin seal info, will look into that. But the information I got from the back was indicated it was from 1850-1865? But it does say Scovill used old dies for newer buttons.

http://inkspotantiques.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=1
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button find... would like to ID it.

Butler said:
creskol said:
the backmark would indicate 1880-1920 time frame
The Great Seal of Wisconsin

Thanks for the Wisconsin seal info, will look into that. But the information I got from the back was indicated it was from 1850-1865? But it does say Scovill used old dies for newer buttons.

http://inkspotantiques.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=1

Unless I am missing something, this looks like your button backmark?
 

Attachments

  • 1880.webp
    1880.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 181
Upvote 0
Re: Button find... would like to ID it.

creskol said:
Unless I am missing something, this looks like your button backmark?

Yep, it looks like it. I also found other backs from the civil war that had the same one which is why I was thrown off. Strange, but the link I provided above said that Scovill often reused earlier dies.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Button find... would like to ID it.

Butler said:
creskol said:
Unless I am missing something, this looks like your button backmark?

Yep, it looks like it. I also found other backs from the civil war that had the same one which is why I was thrown off. Strange, but the link I provided above said that Scovill often reused earlier dies.
Its a SCOVILL MF'G CO. ring of dots 1880-1920, not SCOVILL MF'G Co. (small o) ring of dots, 2*'s 1860-1880 approx.. I think that was why you were thrown off.


green check :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom