What's new

solved Old military plate ?

deerhuntrr

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 12, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
solved Old military plate ?

I am fairly new to detecting. I found this in an old park. Can anyone please tell me how old it is and possibly the value. It is a thin stamped piece of copper I think. Looks like it had something soldered on on the back. not sure if it was a buckle or some type of ornamental decoration. I have tried to find a similar one on line but have not seen one like it yet. Thanks for trying to help TC
 

Attachments

  • front of belt plate-small.webp
    front of belt plate-small.webp
    72.4 KB · Views: 242
  • back of belt plate-small.webp
    back of belt plate-small.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 249
Re: Old military plate ?

1850s prewar militia plate. Nice find!


-Buckles
 
Upvote 0
Re: Old military plate ?

Thanks guys that was awesome. very quick response. I looked for a while before finding this site and had no clue. Thanks again TC
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom