What's new

Solved! Rifleman Button

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
6,690
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
1
Location
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Me again with button #2,
has offset circle with star and the letter E to its right within. (I think)
a half circle of stars above circle,
shank is centered, though from front, button looks broken.
Again, no clues in my searches, i hope someone can help me ID this!
Thanks, Herbie.
 

Attachments

  • NC FINDS 8-30 005.webp
    NC FINDS 8-30 005.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 294
  • NC FINDS 8-30 007.webp
    NC FINDS 8-30 007.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 276
  • NC FINDS 8-30 013.webp
    NC FINDS 8-30 013.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 276

Attachments

  • rd0911093.webp
    rd0911093.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 263
Upvote 0
Re: Unknown button

IronSpike said:
Maybe a riflemen button. The circle kind of looks like a horn.
Good clue, RIFLE would fit that circle ending with the E
 
Upvote 0
Re: Unknown button

it could be a number representing the regiment of riflemen.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Unknown button

I see the "L" to the left of the "E". From what I can decipher the date range on this button is 1807-1840s depending on the backmark. "Alberts" lists four variations. One has 13 stars, one 15 and two with 17.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Unknown button

IronSpike said:
Maybe a riflemen button. The circle kind of looks like a horn.

Added: Here's a link with what I think it is:

http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/dragoons.htm
Great work Ironspike ! as Usual ! you ARE the man.
I need to start obtaining some books on the subject, Thanks for IDing another for me! I am almost beside myself to see it in original condition!
Although most of my dug buttons are in poor condition, they are still amazing links to the past. Thanks again & Great Finds to You, Herbie.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks to all for your help & comments to give this a green check!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom