What's new

Some Colonial Finds From this Past Weekend

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2010
Messages
9,667
Reaction score
14,518
Golden Thread
4
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another beautiful weekend in Southwestern PA and I was able to get out and take advantage of it. Nothing to get too excited about, but I always get a thrill when I dig a large copper (or a colonial button for that matter).

Here are all the finds. One copper was toast, but the other is an Irish King George II. Also got an early concave button with a drilled eye shank and a oval saddle strap guide piece (I guess that's what we are calling them now). A 1908 V Nickel rounded out the finds.
1.ALL.webp

Other side.
2.Other Side.webp

Farm fresh from the dirt.
3.Dirty.webp

Obligatory Dirt Shot - always a welcome sight :headbang:
4.Dirt Shot.webp
 
Upvote 40
Sweet finds! Always a good time when you're popping out coppers
 
February coppers :occasion14:
 
Your "big copper-to-flat button" ratio is all wrong.....you must have missed some buttons! lol
 
I would be getting pretty excited if I dug a colonial copper. They elude me at least one that can be identified. I would definitely categorize it as a successful day of digging.
 
Anything you dig this time of year is a bonus. Nice going on the coppers and your rare strap guide piece :laughing7:.
 
Just getting out this time of year in Pa is a treat, but making good finds like yours is awesome. WTG Steve:icon_thumright:
 
Nothing like reaching back thru time and pulling a piece of history from the dirt!

WTG!
 
I love seeing that round disc in the dirt. Spring can't come soon enough.
 
Great finds! Congrats!
 
Nice finds Steve

Your off to a good start. A few coppers is a nice day

HH Jer
 
very nice finds
 
I don't know how rare a Feb. hunt is for you in PA, but it is pretty rare to have digable ground around here in Feb. Ha I did just manage my first ever this year. Today was back to snow shoveling, Yeah ! haha

Yep. I love seeing roundage in the hole, you just never know what they are going to turn out to be. FUN.
 
I don't know how rare a Feb. hunt is for you in PA, but it is pretty rare to have digable ground around here in Feb. Ha I did just manage my first ever this year. Today was back to snow shoveling, Yeah ! haha

Yep. I love seeing roundage in the hole, you just never know what they are going to turn out to be. FUN.
Rick, I dig a lot of completely toasted coppers around here. They were both fairly thick when dug, so I was hoping for an ID on both, but the one in my dirt shot was the toasted one. At least the other was identifiable.
 
Glad you are out digging Steve. Nice coppers.
 
NICE FINDS , COLONIAL INDEED ..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom