What's new

Some finds from the woods today - Any ideas?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug these items out in the woods today by an old cellar hole.
I know the CW bullet is a Williams cleaner, but any idea on the other items? :dontknow:
Thanks,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-252S.webp
    MVC-252S.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 495
  • MVC-253S.webp
    MVC-253S.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 490
  • MVC-254S.webp
    MVC-254S.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 492
The middle picture is a set of guitar tuning keys.
 
Upvote 0
Theakiki said:
The middle picture is a set of guitar tuning keys.
Could it be from a 6 string banjo?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Theakiki said:
The middle picture is a set of guitar tuning keys.
Could it be from a 6 string banjo?

That's what I was wondering too. Banjo or guitar? :dontknow: It must be old since it was out in the woods where I found it.
-MM-

Noodle said:
... and a bullet???.....
ffuries said:
The bullet isn't that a Williams Cleaner?

Mike
USAF Retired

Yep, as mentioned in my post. :thumbsup:
Thanks,
MM
 
Upvote 0
cool tuners!! they ebony or rosewood, would you know??
 
Upvote 0
Noodle said:
... and a bullet???.....
ffuries said:
The bullet isn't that a Williams Cleaner?

Mike
USAF Retired

Yep, as mentioned in my post. :thumbsup:
Thanks,
MM

Guess if I had bothered to read the post all the way instead of just looking at the pretty pics, I would have seen that. :read2:

Mike
USAF Retired
 
Upvote 0
aka said:
cool tuners!! they ebony or rosewood, would you know??
I believe they are ebony. Prof.

traderoftreasures said:
The round ring item looks like a cheap gutting knife

Never thought of that. You are probably correct. Lots of deer hunting in this area. :thumbsup:
Thanks,
MM

traderoftreasures said:
And the brass item could have come from a book binder or clasp

I was thinking maybe a decorative piece from a dresser drawer, and the screws from the handle went through the holes on this piece. :dontknow:
-MM-

texastee2007 said:
you have found some really interesting things. Each is so different from the other, thank you for posting pictures. I would have never even thought of gutting knife but can sure see why!

Thanks TT. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom