Some finds today. Need help with some of them.

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First up is two tea cups, unfortunately one has a small chip on the top but they were only 50 cents.
They have the New York State seal on one side and are marked England and looks like 821 on the bottom.
newyorkseal.JPG
sailorsfarewell.JPG

This milk glass box weighs almost two pounds. The ship is on the lid and the fish go all around the sides.
I do not see any marks. $3
milkboxlid.JPG
milkboxside.JPG

This salt and pepper shaker was $2. I thought they might be from a china set, they are also wood. Does anyone know
the pattern?
saltnpepper.JPG

I bought these vintage speakers. $6 for the set. I see a set sold for $45 on Ebay last October.
speakerfront.JPG
speakerback closeup.JPG

This piece has me excited even though it does have a few minor scratches and chips, I wonder if the scratches could be buffed out?
This weighs about 2 pounds. It was $1.50 and is signed by Leon Applebaum. Some of his work goes for very good money.
I don't see any pieces like this one on my google search.

paperweight bottom.JPG
paperweighttop1.JPG
paperweighttop2.JPG
paperweightsig.JPG

Any info on any of these finds are appreciated.

OP
OP
krazyace

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the cup and salt n pepper shakers on ebay. No big scores there.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've learned something from your post, Krazyace: I really need to start paying attention to old speakers. I've passed up numerous sets of speakers lately and did not know they were worth so much.
Good finds! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
I've learned something from your post, Krazyace: I really need to start paying attention to old speakers. I've passed up numerous sets of speakers lately and did not know they were worth so much.

Yup, they can be. I bought an old pair of 1970's Celestion Ditton 66 studio monitors for $5. I put a $125 into refurbishing them and now they could sell for an easy $600, but i'm going to hold onto them for now and sell my Technics instead. There is no comparison, these things shake the house. Be careful you don't buy any "white van speakers", there big boxy with long fancy names but are big POS's.

In case you never heard of it before here you go-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
sandcreek4 said:

Yup, they can be. I bought an old pair of 1970's Celestion Ditton 66 studio monitors for $5. I put a $125 into refurbishing them and now they could sell for an easy $600, but i'm going to hold onto them for now and sell my Technics instead. There is no comparison, these things shake the house. Be careful you don't buy any "white van speakers", there big boxy with long fancy names but are big POS's.

In case you never heard of it before here you go-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_van_speaker_scam :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Dang! I hadn't heard of the "white van speaker" scam....I don't buy things out of the back of a truck anyway! :tongue3: And I look for cheap stuff(you know under $10 and never more that $20 on anything---Cheap, Cheap, Cheap! ;D ). There are too many good buys out there to mess with scam artists.
But thanks for the tip, diggumup---every piece of info you can pass on helps others! We all learn from each other.

Krazyace--You're milk glass box may be a cigarette or powder jar. I looked through some of my glass books and I think that's what those type of boxes are called. Go to eBay and put in "milk glass cigarette" and look at those. And I think those are dolphins on the side of your box. Hope that helps!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
diggummup said:
sandcreek4 said:

Dang! I hadn't heard of the "white van speaker" scam....I don't buy things out of the back of a truck anyway! :tongue3: And I look for cheap stuff(you know under $10 and never more that $20 on anything---Cheap, Cheap, Cheap! ;D ). There are too many good buys out there to mess with scam artists.
But thanks for the tip, diggumup---every piece of info you can pass on helps others! We all learn from each other.

Krazyace--You're milk glass box may be a cigarette or powder jar. I looked through some of my glass books and I think that's what those type of boxes are called. Go to eBay and put in "milk glass cigarette" and look at those. And I think those are dolphins on the side of your box. Hope that helps!
Actually I meant be wary when buying at garage sales. :laughing7: I wouldn't buy something from some dude out of the back of a van neither.

OP
OP
krazyace

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
diggummup said:
sandcreek4 said:

Thanks, you are right, cigarette box. I found some examples through google, it looks like they were made in 1926 and they are the Santa Maria line, if you scroll 3/4's down on this site you will see it, looks like they originally had gold painted on the lid.
http://www.thedevilduckcollection.com/Consolidated-Art-Glass.html

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
famous turtle treasures said:
Salt and pepper shakers look like blue willow.
Yes Turtle you are right, but that pattern has been so over used that most aren't worth swat.. If it is from the orginal company pattern then they probly have pretty good value...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions