Some Help Please

King-John

Jan 14, 2007
Grass Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/X1 Probe, Whites 6000 XL pro, Ace 250,
I have the ACE 250 as a backup and for my son (16 yrs) to use when we go out together. I'm very impressed with it and my son said it was a snap to learn.

Neither of these detectors has a tone id for helping id the target. Since it is for the wife I would go with a Tesoro Silver Umax or Cibola. Neither has a screen or tone id either but they are deeper and the warranty is for life.

The acer 250 is lighter in weight and works great....for the price can't go wrong. Dig all the hits, it has plenty of sensitivity as well as good depth, just keep a slow and steady swing directly on the ground, balance out.......and have a blast...HH
Personally, I use a mine lab.... the garret acer 250 is a great back up or starter unit :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

db

I am a woman and I love my new ACE 250. I had a Tesoro Compadre, and the ACE is better. I think it is really easy to use and lightweight. I don't know anything about the other one.

My wife has a ACE 250 & was able to learn it pretty fast. It's light enough for her to carry for a while. My 2 cents!

Chris

I would like to thank everyone for their input on this it really helps on my choices,
Thanks again, John

Well I did it, day before yesterday I ordered a Ace 250 from KellyCo, with the (Sport Package) I will have to test it out so I will be able to show the wife how to use it :thumbsup:

Ace 250 I have a White's Classic. I goes pretty deep, and it's light. But you don't know if the target is a dime at 4 inches or Volkswagen at 5 feet. I loaned it to a cousin to take into interior of Mexico. The notch descriminate on the 250 is a good feature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back