What's new

Some I own

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to post a few nice ones I own. Most of these are from TN.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2493.webp
    100_2493.webp
    120.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_2495.webp
    100_2495.webp
    142.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_2502.webp
    100_2502.webp
    162.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_2983.webp
    100_2983.webp
    173.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_3713.webp
    100_3713.webp
    136.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_3715.webp
    100_3715.webp
    135.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_2830.webp
    100_2830.webp
    138.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_3720.webp
    100_3720.webp
    132.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_3779.webp
    100_3779.webp
    170.3 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 0
That's some nice pieces thanks for the view the last one is my favorite and I see some Dover flint too
 
The last one caught my eye too. When I was a boy, my father's cousin found a white spear point in one of his fields on the Ky/Tn border. This has been many years ago, but if my memory serves me well, white flint is found in the Michigan area. Is this right? You have a great collection. Thanks for sharing with us.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
is that really purple?
 
is that really purple?

Both of these came from TN, they have some nice flint there. I believe the one on the left is either a morrow mountain or a maples.
Thanks for the views and nice words everyone, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_4079.webp
    100_4079.webp
    143.3 KB · Views: 130
Love that color! I just find small flakes, but keep them because I have a chert addiction :) I asked my geology professor what a good book was on the different types of chert. Didn't get the answer I wanted as he doesn't care for it. Chert is chert.
 
That is some sweet finds. Love the material. Drooling and hoping to be so lucky one day. Thanks for sharing!
 
Like them all, but #2 is neat.

me too

very nice
i should send you an 8" X12" riker mount frame
so you could make a nice arrangement

or if you are busy you could just send them all to me

larson1951
 
me too

very nice
i should send you an 8" X12" riker mount frame
so you could make a nice arrangement

or if you are busy you could just send them all to me

larson1951
Im busy but not that busy. Joking of course Larson.
 
Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I find some ugly rough pieces of flint and sometimes I like to post the pretty stuff.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom