What's new

some kind of instrument mouthpiece...any idea of age and what it is?

jb58

Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
666
Reaction score
160
Golden Thread
0
Location
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found at a local park dating back to around 1900 ..there also was civil war action in this area before it became a park..there are no markings on it that i can see..
 

Attachments

  • GEDC7936.webp
    GEDC7936.webp
    140.3 KB · Views: 110
It does resemble a flute head joint. Or a candlestick holder.
 
Upvote 0
That looks like a mouthpiece for a flute .....but it also has a trumpet type mouth piece on the end:dontknow:very strange looking, but you could look very closely at the rounded end of the big mouthpiece, often there is a maker name impressed there.
 
Upvote 0
GEDC7933.webp
 
Upvote 0
It looks like more than just the mouthpiece to me. Like the first part of the tubing of a horn broke off with it. I think the part that looks like a flute blow hole is just decorative, from my angle of view.
 
Upvote 0
another picture maybe that will help some..its hollow and looked.. but no makers name..[ played trumpet in high school so im sure its part of a trumpet,,bugle..frenchhorn type instrument..thanks for the help so far.
 
Upvote 0
that is correct ctxagetter..its not a blow hole just a decorative design on the piece.
 
Upvote 0
So many interesting brass instruments from the Civil War era ,it's hard to tell from that small section.
Pics I've looked at were not close ups. Or at least my eyes were far away...
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
thanks again all.. for you help..preciate it.
 
Upvote 0
"I swear, if he blows that thing one more time I'm gonna"

Cool find JB, best wishes!

Nice ID Plug-n-Play!
 
Upvote 0
I think the oval piece attached is where a bend in the horn would rest again it, maybe for reducing vibration, I dunno, cool find though. I’ve aleays wanted to hunt the “ burnt district “ I had a gggrand uncle killed in Centralia in 1864
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom