May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

Vp here, well it's been a little while since I've gotten out, just been busy - but I did make it to the local park Sunday for a couple hour hunt. Now I've never really hunted parks too much, I always figured the coins were just too few and far between - but the success of some good buddys on this board hutning parks have definately inspired me - that plus i truly want a nice pile of silver at the end of the year :)

anyway - i got to the park early - ground balanced and jacked the sensitivity up on the e-trac - i convinced myself that I would ONLY dig targets 7 inches plus and that's all I did - now I didn't have a ton of signals at that depth but the ones I had were ALL GOOOOOOD !

i found the washington quarter first right about 7 inches - when i dug the plug and pulled some dirt it was just laying there flat smiling at me - very nice start ! after pulling some deep wheaties i got the Inidan Head cent - it's a 190? (no mint mark) VERY COOL ! got the merc next and then got a very nice signal deep -
probably pushing 9 inches - i dug and dug and finally pulled a quarter shaped disk out of the ground - it was dark and covered with dirt - i truly thought it was a modern quarter that just somehow got deep until i rubbed at it and saw the eagle !!!!!! i stopped rubbing cause i knew exactly what it was - standing liberty quarter 1928-D !!

needless to say, I'm goign to be hunting parks more

thanks for looking !

vp
www.Treasure-Valley.net

ps: the tag had me going thought it was a nice large copper
it says :

N.Y.C & H.R.
Sub Div. 35
P509

any ideas ?

Attachments

• park-coins01.jpg
    park-coins01.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 940
Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vpone, Great hunting - you have certainly proven the potential of that site - I understand from your

posts that you are primarily a colonial coin and relic hunter , and that by digging 7+ deep you'll knock out

the modern baloney , but you'll find plenty of silver in the 5-7 depth - I've only been hunting for 2 years

and all my silvers (aprox. 30 ) have been found in the 3- 7 depth . Maybe relaxing your depth rule a bit

would send you home with a few more goodies . Congratulations on a great hunt ! Argentium.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baggage and SLQ in one day of hunting is spectacular. Kudos!

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
vp,

Once you start hearing & digging the deep turf signals, there is no going back! You will be finding A LOT of silver that way. :thumbsup:

Jim

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Argentium said:
Vpone, Great hunting - you have certainly proven the potential of that site - I understand from your

posts that you are primarily a colonial coin and relic hunter , and that by digging 7+ deep you'll knock out

the modern baloney , but you'll find plenty of silver in the 5-7 depth - I've only been hunting for 2 years

and all my silvers (aprox. 30 ) have been found in the 3- 7 depth . Maybe relaxing your depth rule a bit

would send you home with a few more goodies . Congratulations on a great hunt ! Argentium.

I agree...I dug a 1945 Merc yesterday in a park at 2 inches deep but Vpone's method really increases the keeper to non keeper ratio which is what I think he was trying to accomplish. Dig less holes to increase the keeper count in a short time frame.

Big E

Jan 17, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites XLT
Nice finds!! :thumbsup: I too like hunting parks. There is more silver to be found in parks than you would think. Happy hunting!

Big E

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions