May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

Vp here, well it's been a little while since I've gotten out, just been busy - but I did make it to the local park Sunday for a couple hour hunt. Now I've never really hunted parks too much, I always figured the coins were just too few and far between - but the success of some good buddys on this board hutning parks have definately inspired me - that plus i truly want a nice pile of silver at the end of the year :)

anyway - i got to the park early - ground balanced and jacked the sensitivity up on the e-trac - i convinced myself that I would ONLY dig targets 7 inches plus and that's all I did - now I didn't have a ton of signals at that depth but the ones I had were ALL GOOOOOOD !

i found the washington quarter first right about 7 inches - when i dug the plug and pulled some dirt it was just laying there flat smiling at me - very nice start ! after pulling some deep wheaties i got the Inidan Head cent - it's a 190? (no mint mark) VERY COOL ! got the merc next and then got a very nice signal deep -
probably pushing 9 inches - i dug and dug and finally pulled a quarter shaped disk out of the ground - it was dark and covered with dirt - i truly thought it was a modern quarter that just somehow got deep until i rubbed at it and saw the eagle !!!!!! i stopped rubbing cause i knew exactly what it was - standing liberty quarter 1928-D !!

needless to say, I'm goign to be hunting parks more

thanks for looking !

vp
www.Treasure-Valley.net

ps: the tag had me going thought it was a nice large copper
it says :

N.Y.C & H.R.
Sub Div. 35
P509

any ideas ?

Attachments

• park-coins01.jpg
    park-coins01.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 940
Upvote 0

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! i would for sure be hitting that park again to :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds VP....I'm still looking for my first SLQ.

I'm getting away from detecting parks but when I detect at lunch time that is the only place close enough to work to hit and get back in time. Over the last year I've had some pleasant suprises which included a nice 2 center, a 1817 LC, a 1837 Hard Times token and some interesting turn of the century silver finds. The parks keep suprising me...one day I'll have to break down a buy a e-trac and see what I've been missing.

NJ

PA

Mar 18, 2009
hi vpone

great findss there. that park needs to be hit harder. how old is this park?

henry

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Nice Digs VP!

I know alot of guys like to hunt parks. I hunt old fairgrounds and grange halls, and picnic groves.
Still have found most of my silver at the old fairgrounds.

That E-trac seems to be doing the job!

Best of Luck,
Mark

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Nice I can't wait to get my first Silver. I'm logging the hour's to see how long it will be. I'm using a F2 Fisher. It's been a real Hog for Pennies and Dime's so far.

Nice finds.

Happy Hunting

Twin Digger

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Always a good sign especially when you're getting silver quarters from parks. Congrats on the nice pulls, HH 8)

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
The SLQ and the Merc dime are two of my favorite coins, and you got them both in the same hunt. Great job! Parks definitely have potential. The E-Trac will find those deeper coins other detectors can't hit. If you keep digging only the deep signals, you will be guaranteed to find a good amount of silver. :thumbsup:

HH,

Dr. Ace

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's my kind of park. Those SLQs are hard to come by. Congratulations

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hey, Kevin, park hunting is not a bad thing!! ;D ;D ;D

Congrats on making some killer finds from your old park! Get back there when you can! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread