What's new

Some of the people in the parks are sooo rude! But I still got some silver!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
5,675
Golden Thread
2
Location
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here I am metal detecting in large park and a group of parents and there kids decide to play soccer right where I am detecting!!?? :BangHead:! I mean they have an area play that is 300 yards in every direction, but they decide to kick the ball around right where I am detecting! I don't get it:dontknow:!! Well anyway I had a good day! I dug 6 silver coins! and a buffalo nickel! A silver ring and some wheat pennies added for a really good start for the year!
 

Attachments

  • Deep Coins 001.webp
    Deep Coins 001.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 279
  • Deep Coins 002.webp
    Deep Coins 002.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 270
  • Deep Coins 004.webp
    Deep Coins 004.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Deep Coins 005.webp
    Deep Coins 005.webp
    22 KB · Views: 278
  • Deep Coins 006.webp
    Deep Coins 006.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 272
  • Deep Coins 007.webp
    Deep Coins 007.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 248
  • Deep Coins 008.webp
    Deep Coins 008.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 274
  • Deep Coins 009.webp
    Deep Coins 009.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 273
Upvote 66
Tough spot with a park and people. I stay away but if they decide to be some helmets; I always explain that they should call the cops and we'll all sort it out together. I always make sure I'm legal so the police will protect my rights....

I understand the pain and I'm glad you scored some round silvers;)
 
that plane kicks arse. grats on the impressive haul
 
Many people of the "Me" generations feel entitled and don't care about others as your post points out. Congrats, you madt the best of the situation. :thumbsup:
 
That is a great start!!
 
Looks like you had a great hunt anyway. I'd take 7 (counting the ring) silvers. People are just plain ignorant these days. With all that space, they could have went elsewhere.
 
Nice finds! You have a good hunting spot.
 
I feel sorry for the kids. Not good parenting skills!
 
I feel sorry for the kids. Not good parenting skills!

Ya, I work at a school. The problem is the parent's talk bad about the teacher's and the kids hear it, and don't respect the teacher's. Alot of parent's need to put there smartphones, and facebook down, and get back to reality. No dicipline at home, no dicipline at school. And of course, if Johnny get's in trouble at school, the parent said, "No way my little Johnny would do that".
 
I really like the plane. Hope it cleans up well and you post a new picture of it after cleaning!
 
Ya, I work at a school. The problem is the parent's talk bad about the teacher's and the kids hear it, and don't respect the teacher's. Alot of parent's need to put there smartphones, and facebook down, and get back to reality. No dicipline at home, no dicipline at school. And of course, if Johnny get's in trouble at school, the parent said, "No way my little Johnny would do that".

I know, my Sister is a Teacher.
 
Been There,
I just wander away to hit other areas. Maybe they feel a soccer fields is for soccer players. I wish they had detectorist's fields, then we can kick them off it when we arrive.
Great finds.
 
Great silver score! Congrats!

That's why I hunt early Sunday morn, fewer people out. Some people don't play well with others.
 
Being rude seems to be the national mantra from the president down. Glad you found some silver and love the ring and plane and I never turn down a wheat penny. I like to get out to the parks when it's cold as it keeps most of the nimrods inside hovering around the heater, but can't get out too early until I give mama her medicine and cook her some breakfast and leave a lunch for her. I don't mind, but come to town for some groceries and get on the computer at the library and see all the great finds other members are finding.
 
I usually see that has a sign for me to be hunting elsewhere and I move.

BUT...one time, I had my fill of rudeness in a day. So, when the next group decided to start seeing how close to the detectorist they could throw their Frisbee. I threw it back. AND...of course I happen to be VERY bad at throwing these things! ;) Last I saw it, was drifting along on the stream. Of course, I had thrown it back toward them. Not my fault that it made an approximately 90 degree left turn. Ya see, I just don't know how to control these things. ;) (sorry...but even WIF has limits! ;) )
 
Last edited:
Hey with a fistful of silver like that I'd say the heck with those people, great finds!
 
As another Tnetter mentioned, go dig when it is too miserable to play sports or have parties, i.e., the heat, cold, wind, lightning, etc...That is when I get my precious solitude and own the field. Sub 8-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom