What's new

Some old CWI rolls

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
I was at one of my dump banks cashing in some halves recently (I never buy from there). And one of the tellers asked me if I wanted some half rolls an elderly customer brought in. I said sure why not, and she brought me out 5 unopened CWI rolls that appeared to be old due to the look and texture of the paper. It was not smooth but felt like a really old dollar bill that had been circulating for years. Anyway, I could see a '67 on the end of one of the rolls as she put them on the counter. Out of 5 measly rolls I got 16 -40%s. I would love to have that entire box. Whoever turned them in could not have been a CRHer, because the '67 was obvious on the end. Maybe that old customer will bring in more soon.

The two boxes I got later that afternoon at a different bank yielded a whopping 2 -40%s.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
i even started saving the older wrappers.some are very cool.trying not to damage it as ur fingers are shaking w excitement.to see if any silver.i know i know.TOO MANY COLLECTIONS. :tongue3:
 
WTG Jim

Nice find on the 5 rolls.

P.S. what happend to our other conversation on the Auto industry? :icon_scratch:

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
WTG Jim

Nice find on the 5 rolls.

P.S. what happend to our other conversation on the Auto industry? :icon_scratch:

Mojo


Mojo,

I was wondering the same thing. I imagine that the moderators felt it was not coin roll hunting related and banished it? Perhaps it was moved somewhere else, but I dont know.


Jim
 
Great ratio Jim.....congrats. Wouldn't a box with that same ratio be a ball....ha!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom