Some old silver today.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am taking advantage of the mild whether before it gets two cold to go out. I went back to the site where I found the snake buckle the other day, the crop is finally off. The first coin is a Brittish 1/2 crown, the other side is worn smooth almost. The large cent is either 1820 or 1822, the buttons are sporting buttons, the larger one was hit by a plow at some time. The brass buckle I think is military, the other items are a welcome find. I hope to get out a couple more times before winter gets here. HH

Attachments

• IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,388
  • IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,382
  • IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,386
  • IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,396
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,400
Upvote 0
Brain, Sure hope you continue to pull goodies like that,next spring isn't that far off!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless HH Chris

worldtalker said:
Brain, Sure hope you continue to pull goodies like that,next spring isn't that far off!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless HH Chris
Thanks Chris, this year has been good to me so far, I still have another new site to go to soon, I will keep you posted.HH

:hello:

Pretty sure the George111 is a bullhead shilling, (24mm) as it looks smaller than the large cent (28mm) a George 111 half crown would be 32mm...still a nice find :icon_thumleft:

SS

Brian C. said:
worldtalker said:
Thanks Chris, this year has been good to me so far, I still have another new site to go to soon, I will keep you posted.HH
Brian, I'll MD till the ground freezes,then count the days till it thaws!!!!!!!!!! Best of hunting on your new site!!

:icon_scratch:Are you not aware you found the other half of your snake buckle?

Silver Searcher said:

Pretty sure the George111 is a bullhead shilling, (24mm) as it looks smaller than the large cent (28mm) a George 111 half crown would be 32mm...still a nice find :icon_thumleft:

SS
Beat me to it, a halfcrown would be a mega bonus from this period, but a shilling is still good :icon_thumright:

kuger said:
Yes, now I got it, the buckle was near the spot where I found the snake, some time it takes me awhile. Thanks.

Silver Searcher said:

SS
Thanks for the info on the coin, I don't have another to compare it to. Many thanks.

cntrydncr1 said:
so cool! congrats
I have seen some of your finds, it looks like you have done well. :coffee2:

nice site. what's your trash to keeper ratio. some fields i hunt are pure winners and others are just too plain trashy to handle.

Nice finds! That buckle looks like it's part of a "snake" buckle. HH

joeyfresh said:
nice site. what's your trash to keeper ratio. some fields i hunt are pure winners and others are just too plain trashy to handle.
This site is trashy with lots of iron and some pewter broken finds. I truly enjoy finding nice iron artifacts. I am using my whites 5900, it has done me well over the years. I can tell by the sound of the iron target if it is just junk, the better iron peaces come up strong. Here is one of my favorites from the other day.Nt

Attachments

• IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 909
  • IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 906
nice silver ...congrats ! :thumbsup:

Brian C. said:
kuger said:
Yes, now I got it, the buckle was near the spot where I found the snake, some time it takes me awhile. Thanks.
Good eye on the buckle piece Kuger :wink: Congrats Brian on that George III silver and especialy on finding the other half of that snake buckle ! M.R.

worldtalker said:
Brian C. said:
worldtalker said:
Brian, I'll MD till the ground freezes,then count the days till it thaws!!!!!!!!!! Best of hunting on your new site!!
Nice finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back