R Rustyshoes Jr. Member Joined Jul 4, 2012 Messages 24 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location NY Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2013 #1 this owl looks pretty old .any thoughts.made of a hard grey stone.thanks for lookin Upvote 0
R Rustyshoes Jr. Member Joined Jul 4, 2012 Messages 24 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location NY Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2013 Thread Owner #2 whoops thats a double i will try again .new pic
R Rustyshoes Jr. Member Joined Jul 4, 2012 Messages 24 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location NY Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2013 Thread Owner #3 heres the owl /this was a in a heavly contaminated river .i sure lucked out Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
R Rustyshoes Jr. Member Joined Jul 4, 2012 Messages 24 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location NY Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2013 Thread Owner #4 i will try again my apolagies
R Rustyshoes Jr. Member Joined Jul 4, 2012 Messages 24 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location NY Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2013 Thread Owner #5 OWL PICS OWL PIC /
quito Silver Member Joined Mar 31, 2008 Messages 4,638 Reaction score 4,844 Golden Thread 0 Location south dakota Detector(s) used good eyes Mar 23, 2013 #6 Nice Point!!! Owl
vpnavy Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jun 15, 2008 Messages 36,557 Reaction score 20,209 Golden Thread 0 Location Pennsylvania (USA) Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2013 #7 Great find Rustyshoes!
The Grim Reaper Gold Member Joined Apr 3, 2008 Messages 7,826 Reaction score 7,076 Golden Thread 0 Location Southern Ohio Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2013 #8 Do you mean Awl? That is not an Awl. It's a nice Stemmed Point.
A Americus Silver Member Joined Sep 18, 2008 Messages 3,249 Reaction score 3,827 Golden Thread 0 Mar 23, 2013 #9 Nice find. Thanks for sharing.
bsit1361 Bronze Member Joined Feb 23, 2010 Messages 1,492 Reaction score 895 Golden Thread 0 Location md Mar 23, 2013 #10 I find points of the same material. Everybody has a different name for it. What do you guys call it. Some call it ironstone. I think it's argillite. Not sure though.
I find points of the same material. Everybody has a different name for it. What do you guys call it. Some call it ironstone. I think it's argillite. Not sure though.
theviking Bronze Member Joined Aug 29, 2009 Messages 1,404 Reaction score 921 Golden Thread 0 Location Blue ridge mts, Virginia Primary Interest: Other Mar 23, 2013 #11 If I found it I would probably call it an upside down point.. Maybe the pics don't do it justice. Still a nice find.
If I found it I would probably call it an upside down point.. Maybe the pics don't do it justice. Still a nice find.
GaRebel1861 Gold Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jun 16, 2011 Messages 6,152 Reaction score 7,991 Golden Thread 4 Location Georgia 🥇 Banner finds 4 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 23, 2013 #12 Cool find!
Get-the-point Bronze Member Joined Mar 31, 2009 Messages 1,434 Reaction score 568 Golden Thread 0 Location PA. NJ Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 24, 2013 #13 Nice point Rusty!!! Looks like material is argillite.......
R Rustyshoes Jr. Member Joined Jul 4, 2012 Messages 24 Reaction score 7 Golden Thread 0 Location NY Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 24, 2013 Thread Owner #14 thanks for lookin.try to get some others up soon.
R RockinIdaho Full Member Joined May 24, 2014 Messages 163 Reaction score 108 Golden Thread 0 Location Idaho Primary Interest: Other May 26, 2014 #15 Hey don't feel bad. Yes I do see an owl, not an awl. But then again I see more things than most people see. Definatley a tool of sorts. Nice! 1
Hey don't feel bad. Yes I do see an owl, not an awl. But then again I see more things than most people see. Definatley a tool of sorts. Nice! 1