What's new

some pics of a productive spot.... old staircase - gold city!

Smoogle

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
814
Reaction score
262
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Coast NSW.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I often mention old staircases in my posts- here's some pics I researched and led me to this spot - 5 gold (I posted some) and my best silver out of here so far... pic of early Kiosk already old in the 60's- it was ruined by a storm surge- the Council tore it down long ago, but it was here for ages and found a net story that said "squillions" of tourists favoured this spot. Now barely anyone swims at the spot until Summer when flocks of tourists partake in aquatic activity. The recent pics show the wall and stairs and of course the natural rock strata remains the same - but a new rock wall covered some goodies no doubt. I find very early Australian "clad" - silver florins, copper pennies etc along with modern finds - the old targets are deep and require slow slow pulse movement to reveal themselves - still a popular spot so recent finds are abundant too - well maybe not anymore - I've plundered here. Last pic is todays best - silver pendant "Ryan" "Love Dad" - black on removal and had a quick Silvo swipe for pic. I yellowed out the kiosk name for stealth - I love old pics that reveal the goods... after that it's all time and gravy.
However this is not my "old staircase" - it is even better - but I fear I shall never give it away as there is a lifetime of finds to be had.
HH
 

Attachments

  • funstaircase.webp
    funstaircase.webp
    33 KB · Views: 114
  • funspot2.webp
    funspot2.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 116
  • myspot3.webp
    myspot3.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 336
  • myspot4.webp
    myspot4.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2903.webp
    IMG_2903.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice old beach.:leprechaun-hat:
 
Interesting!!!
 
Nice place. Happy hunting!
 
very nice post, Smoogle....and great pics~!

Congrats on that silver pendant....great find!

I love old beaches...so much fun at which to detect!

Lorraine
 
Nice research on an older swim area that is really paying off for you. Thanks for sharing and nice pics.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom