What's new

some pics of my unknown stuff

Southie E.J.

Full Member
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
104
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Boston Ma
Detector(s) used
WHITES COINMASTER, MINELABS 705, and ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a weird rusty tool, lots of buttons, some kind of hair clip,an 1862 coin (its big), an old copper I had to scrub (I got a faint 1723 date on it) a very old colonial looking ring, (I dont think its silver I think it aluminum). If anyone can tell me what some of this stuff is and what is good please let me know. Thanks for looking. Also if you can give me dates on some of this jewelry & buttons that would be cool too!
 

Attachments

  • very old looking tool.webp
    very old looking tool.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 397
  • old flat button front.webp
    old flat button front.webp
    3.6 KB · Views: 389
  • old sun button.webp
    old sun button.webp
    6 KB · Views: 391
  • old gold guilded broach.webp
    old gold guilded broach.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 420
  • old gold guilded navy military button.webp
    old gold guilded navy military button.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 387
  • very old silver ring.webp
    very old silver ring.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 392
  • old gold guilded broach.webp
    old gold guilded broach.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 386
  • old gold guilded navy military button.webp
    old gold guilded navy military button.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 389
  • very old silver ring.webp
    very old silver ring.webp
    6.9 KB · Views: 387
  • very old looking tool.webp
    very old looking tool.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 388
  • scrubbed old copper back.webp
    scrubbed old copper back.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 423
  • scrubbed old copper front.webp
    scrubbed old copper front.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 422
  • great wknd 1862 coin back.webp
    great wknd 1862 coin back.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 390
  • great wknd 1862 coin front.webp
    great wknd 1862 coin front.webp
    4 KB · Views: 389
  • old flat button front.webp
    old flat button front.webp
    3.6 KB · Views: 384
  • old sun button.webp
    old sun button.webp
    6 KB · Views: 383
  • old buggy button front.webp
    old buggy button front.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 393
the ring looks like a cowboy motif popular in the 40's and 50's like Roy Rogers, Hopalong Cassidy, etc.
 
Upvote 0
fifth pic looks like a carriage step, used to step up to the cabin (it is upside down)

HH
-GC
 
Upvote 0
goldencoin said:
fifth pic looks like a carriage step, used to step up to the cabin (it is upside down)

HH
-GC

HUH? Are you talking about the rusty tool? How could it be used to step up in a cabin? I thought it might be a tool to grab bails of hay.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I have a match to your buggy button. Mine is a cufflink. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,281630.0.html

Thats cool! I like when someone else finds something strange as the same as I did. Thanks for showing, and thanks to everyone else too. I hope I get a bite on the hair clip type thingy, and that sun button. As for the ring a friend said the same thing. Its not very old but its cool!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
your "broach",is half of a butterfly style sash buckle
 
Upvote 0
kuger said:
your "broach",is half of a butterfly style sash buckle

Thats cool! Thanks! Can you give me a yr on that? Thank you!
 
Upvote 0
Your 'sun' button is circa 1780s Dandy Button from GB :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Southie E.J. said:
kuger said:
your "broach",is half of a butterfly style sash buckle

Thats cool! Thanks! Can you give me a yr on that? Thank you!
My unexpert opinion is probably Victorian period,but I may off....the ones I have found have been in that period sites
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom