• SDC13781.JPG
    SDC13781.JPG
    671.9 KB · Views: 104
  • SDC13784.JPG
    SDC13784.JPG
    644.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Stay on it while you can, and find all you can. Nice looking stone work. Should be some good sittin, and sweet tea drinkin goin on there!

I'd be happy with that haul. Bottom left in pic1 looks to be Savannah River. What's the dimensions of your porch, 8' x 8'? Nice work.

I really like that wide point on the middle of the bottom row, any idea on what type it is?

Ive been told MM on it but is very thin probably would of been my year maker if the tip wasnt gone but I will put it in a frame anyway. Ive found a lot of Morrow Mountains this year. Even in the fields

I'd be happy with that haul. Bottom left in pic1 looks to be Savannah River. What's the dimensions of your porch, 8' x 8'? Nice work.

Porch ended up being 10x12 I thought it would of been bigger by the stones it took but I can still add to it if I want later. Yes thats a Savannah River I dont find many of them so I was happy on that one its made from Quartzite found it the same day as the Jasper one thats liter in color. Been a good year so far in finds

Stay on it while you can, and find all you can. Nice looking stone work. Should be some good sittin, and sweet tea drinkin goin on there!

Have to be off by September 1st. They have cotton and corn planted but are harvesting the corn now Im hoping they cut some fields before I have to leave. One field I found half of a Celt 3 years ago I know its almost impossible bit Im hoping the other half will be visible. Thanks on the porch its the 1st one I have ever made put some love into it used a rubber mallet to set the stones did it the old way.

Good stuff! Like the Palmer, found one here in SC last year.

Ive found a couple of old ones this year in that age frame the other one is a Big Sandy. Doesnt get much older than that in this area Im looking on.

Nice finds , been way to long since iv found any I’m looking forward to fall when the algae starts to disappear from the shorelines , nice porch too [emoji106]

I have one similar to the wide one middle bottom. Havent seen anything like mine until you posted this one. I found mine In surry county Va near a creek and the James river.

Pictured below.
IMG_20190711_193522_935.jpg

I have one similar to the wide one middle bottom. Havent seen anything like mine until you posted this one. I found mine In surry county Va near a creek and the James river.

Pictured below.
View attachment 1742798

Could be a weathered Morrow Mountain Variant of some sort. Also a possible Mr. Potato accessory.

(Just Kidding!) Though it seems Basil notched, as opposed to corner notched. The HANGING Shoulders is a rare feature:

http://www.projectilepoints.net/Points/Morrow_Mountain.html

The ears on your point are more droopy than the one I posted mine are more straight across. Get yourself a I D book and have a look see.

Nice finds , been way to long since iv found any I’m looking forward to fall when the algae starts to disappear from the shorelines , nice porch too [emoji106]

The few times I have been on I always look to see if you have posted anything. That Banner ruined you maybe you should send it to me so you can get back to looking again :)

IMO: looks a lot like a PASCO Point, considering those square even shoulders (unless that base is snapped): Pasco Projectile Point

Though -a long way from home.

No snapped base everything is there except the tip. You know how it goes you get all excited cause you found a killer then you pick it up and something is missing. I cant type the next words out of my mouth when I picked it up.

Believe me...I’ve had fakers that just about stopped my heart. A heart-breaker like that one would give me a mixed bag of rushing emotion.

Good finds Rock!!Looks like Baby's enjoying the new porch.

I think she likes it more than me with all of the heatwave we are having. I will enjoy it pretty soon when Fall moves in. The other porch was roached with all of the rain we had last year it had to go. It was already pretty much level I just had to add a truckload of sand by hand and shovel. Then add the tiles it was a good experience and fun to do it myself. If you set your mind to do something you can achieve anything you wish. Now I just have to cut down some big Pine trees out back. Might do it myself hopefully I dont get crushed lol. Good to see you man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back