A ALAMOTX Full Member Joined Apr 2, 2008 Messages 114 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Apr 2, 2010 #1 I found this key near an old barn. It was pretty deep. Any help is appreciated Attachments What is it 003.webp 22.7 KB · Views: 257 What is it 004.webp 15.3 KB · Views: 245
vayank54 Silver Member Joined Oct 11, 2009 Messages 2,738 Reaction score 26 Golden Thread 0 Location Northern VA Detector(s) used Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola Apr 2, 2010 #2 It's a barrel tap key. There were brass spigots that went into wooden barrels and this type of key was used to open and close them. I'm not sure how long they used them but I've found a few in civil war and earlier sites. Upvote 0
It's a barrel tap key. There were brass spigots that went into wooden barrels and this type of key was used to open and close them. I'm not sure how long they used them but I've found a few in civil war and earlier sites.
RELICDUDE07 Bronze Member Joined Oct 2, 2007 Messages 2,129 Reaction score 54 Golden Thread 0 Location Pascagoula Ms. Detector(s) used minelab exp. Apr 3, 2010 #3 Yeah! Keep hittin the site ,looks like some good old stuff ! Attachments barreltapkey01.webp 4.6 KB · Views: 189 barreltapkey03.webp 6.6 KB · Views: 201 Upvote 0