What's new

Some thoughts on what this may be or was once.

tncreeker

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
329
Reaction score
114
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been looking at this for over 3 years. I cant find anything to compare it to. It looks man made to me,,but what would be its purpose? IF its a weir, its a huge one, and I still dont see how it works. Any Ideas, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Lori
 

Attachments

  • unknown structure.webp
    unknown structure.webp
    89.5 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well you must mean the lines underwater? Its always best when you post a pic to remove the GPS first.
 
I think those are fence lines that are now under water.
 
I took a look at it on Google maps, it looks like they are man made damns of some kind.
 
I hunt a spot that is now a lake. It was once where two big rivers met. On Google earth, the old fairy shoot is visible. You can also see the island that the occoneechee once lived on, through the water.
 
It does not really matter who sees this, or who might hunt it. I cant get there, I cant hunt at all due to my health. It has always been a mystery and I would love to know what it was/is. Besides, I have never hid where I have hunted. Thats greedy as far as I am concerned. JMHO
There are weirs in the area, but they are just normal Vs, so I dont think the river has risen over anything, nor has it lowered to reveal anything. It facinates me,,,the form and size. Thats all
 
i'm thinking it looks like flooded landscape too.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom