What's new

Some tool Insitus

Neogeo

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
287
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin T.X.
My last trip out was to a Quarry site.Here are some of my finds..Enjoy these under rated Artifacts.












This guy turned out to be STELLER!One of my new Faves...Core slash scraper.


(Bottom)

working edge.

This is one small part of where I was hunting...Flint everywhere!From flakes to cobbles up to Man-hole cover size.
 
Upvote 0
This is a pile that took me all of 30secs to gather...
 
Here is a cool odd tool I found that day...I love it!

one side

another

huh..I must have forgot the 3rd side..srry.....C
Check out this Spokeshave.



Now for some back lit shots the 3 point on and some flake knives.
Lil square knife or a base(I think its the 1st one tho.)
.





 
Great looking material looks like you found a nice core there also.
 
Great looking. I love finding large tools. What type of material is that? Wouldn't mind getting some to work with.
 
Super material and tools !!!
 
That is some good looking Tx. flint, I bet if you did a little digging around there, you would be very happy with what you will find. I have always loved that Tx. rootbeer flint makes great stuff. Those are some great finds:notworthy:some that most would overlook has just broken stone.
 
Got a love the tools. You got some great shots of those. Very nice
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom