Something ancient

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Caesar II prototype, minelab xplorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is 100% ancient but dont know what is it... looks like sort of tribal belt part. DSC00152.jpg DSC00153.jpg

agent132

Greenie
Mar 20, 2014
Leesburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Garett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very cool find, but unfortunately I can't find anything similiar. I even saved the image down, and uploaded it to google's image search function which allows you to search using their algorithm for visually similiar images....nada close. Best of luck!

Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you hunting near the ruins of Viminacium? I envy you guys and your ancient finds. Where I live, 150 or so years ago was still stone age. Do you keep your artifacts you find, or does the government pay you for your find? Wish I could help on your find, I wonder if it's horse harness related?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Viminacium

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No,Viminacium is only one of hundreds of Roman sites we have here. Romuliana is nearest one and it is protected by unesco so its forbidden to dig near it. Government doesnt pay anything-it only take from people. People are poor here and do metaldetecting for living.
Horse harness? Hmmm....could be... but type is unknown to me if so... doesnt look like Roman to me.

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what's called a three way strap junction, from the Celtic period...great find.:thumbsup:

SS

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Viminacium

Viminacium

Mar 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanx