TN digs
Greenie
Hi folks.
I dug this out of my yard...near the surface beneath where an old shed once stood. It appears to be solid copper. I cleaned it up as best I could. It weighs about a half pound and is about 5 inches in length. It has the numbers 001 or 100 (I don't know which end is up..??) embossed on one side. I have no Idea what it was used for...any ideas?? Thank you for your time.

I dug this out of my yard...near the surface beneath where an old shed once stood. It appears to be solid copper. I cleaned it up as best I could. It weighs about a half pound and is about 5 inches in length. It has the numbers 001 or 100 (I don't know which end is up..??) embossed on one side. I have no Idea what it was used for...any ideas?? Thank you for your time.


Another question do any saw marks appear on the end of the short leg aiming at 10 o' clock in the second picture? Might be that leg was cut off.
A magnet does not adhere to the piece but there does seem to be a silver tint to what appears to be a coating or thin cladding of some sort over what may be a copper alloy..






