Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
back in 2001 while hunting a drained lake, word of my finds,
and ring returns got out to the local Newspaper through one of the women I
returned a ring to. In turn The Wilkes Barre News Channel picked up the story & rushed down.
unfortunately I was the only one there at the time they showed up, and decided to Shadow
me along the remaining waters edge. I told the reporter "you may be following for awhile,
most digs are trash" she said, "you can just lay one of your rings down & pretend for the camera"
needless to say I pretended I didn't hear that & continued digging trash till someone else pulled out a detector & they scurried off :laughing7: Yes I know how production works :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:
OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
you guys are pretty hard on fellow dectorist that you don.t know,liers and cheats I don,t think so!

Only going on what experience has shown me. Over $500 in face, including coins as far back as 1786. The only copper-nickel in all of that with a shine was a surface find/recent drop. This includes Shield and V nickels as well as Buffalo and Jefferson. Not to mention every dime and quarter since 1965. Unless that 1868 3 center was smothered in vaseline and wrapped in plastic it doesn't leave the ground shiny. Not personal, just business. As I said, I watch the show faithfully, so I'm not offended enough to stop, but when I spot something fishy it's worthy of discussion.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been a huge supporter of the show and will continue to be but I sure would like an explanation about that 3 center.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Being paid to Detect,
Having to turn in all my finds,
having an archie or camera over my Shoulder

Nope.

It would ruin the Experience for me.

I would like to hunt the spots they do, but not at the expense of my enjoyment
and loss of the chance to become wealthy from a surprise treasure.

I could not agree more. I've let a few hobbies turn competitive and they were no longer fun. I never want MDing to be anything more than a leisurely hobby.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Reality shows can NEVER be reality,everything changes once a camera is introduced.

...but can the threads disappear?

I looked all through Tnet's "General Discussion" forum for this thread to show a coworker and it is gone from General Discussion, even though the bread crumb trail at the top of the page says it is.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...but can the threads disappear?

I looked all through Tnet's "General Discussion" forum for this thread to show a coworker and it is gone from General Discussion, even though the bread crumb trail at the top of the page says it is.

Huh ? you must have found it in General Discussion , or you couldn't have made this post

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
And so last night a war nickel was described as awesome, or amazing, or something over the top. I wish I had a nickel for every war nickel I've found.

William Monday

Jul 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
euro-simpson-fake-real.jpg .......The coin on left was found in ground and traded for the one on right....Super Rare Coin, that is why he was jumping...

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Huh ? you must have found it in General Discussion , or you couldn't have made this post

That is what was weird. Came to General Discussion, pressedd <CTRL><F>, typed in "diggers" without the quotes and the browser returned "not found".

Actually went to Google to find the post again. When I got there, there were no bread crumbs to follow back to General Discussion.

Must have been a fluke. I seem to be good at finding them.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
And so last night a war nickel was described as awesome, or amazing, or something over the top. I wish I had a nickel for every war nickel I've found.

Their illustration also showed the nickel with a reeded edge!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like i said a long time ago the diggers show is a children's show ... How adults can watch and not be bored with the show i do not know... But also like i said before i watch no reality shows ..... Because of my years in trucking i did watch some shipping wars and they got so much wrong things they do on those shows ... Things that never happen in the real world trucking i had to stop watching them... Reality shows all of them is just ..not good , reality bad... TV ...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread