Something GOLD looking was in the reject chute of the CoinStar today!

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
P1010313 (2).JPG

Turned out to be a very well worn 2000-D Sacagawea $1 coin but a total of $1.85 was worth it. Keep hunting and Good Luck!

Bill
Florida Panhandle

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got me. I was thinking earring made of gold.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill I am ignorant about the Coinstar thing but does it work like you just go up to a machine and there are abandoned things in the reject tray?
Yes, There is a hopper up top where you dump your coins to go through the machine. The machine then runs those coins through it's filter to separate and count all the different ones to give you a total (either cash at a 10% fee, or a gift chit at 100% value to a variety of businesses of your choice. Any coins that don't measure up to the machines specs due to being bent, corroded, too light, too heavy, slugs, batteries, etc, they end up in the reject bin down below. Sometimes good coins make it there too for whatever reason.....I suspect feeding the coins in too fast can do it, coin jams, or just glitches in the machine can do it too. I've taken the rejects and re-fed them into the machine and sometimes it will now take them, so, who knows? It must be that some people don't know about the reject bin, or, maybe they just forget to check it when done.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have checked at least a dozen Coinstar trays from time to time, but none of them bore any fruit.
This is the whole thing about what is happening to the world.
Let me explain: We need more bees to pollinate so to have any fruit.
No bees no fruit
There's the problem right there.

Solution: Self pollinate-then it will bare fruit.
(I know too simple right) You'll thank me later.......:laughing7:

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one. Found this bunch in the Neighborhood Walmart yesterday. Largest number of coins, but not most valuable. Don't you think most people would hear them get kicked out? 20230117_152351.jpg 20230118_170749.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread