What's new

Something I found

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this up at a place in Colorado I've hunted off and on over 30 years now. It is a place that has yielded me some beautiful finds over the span of those years of looking in this place of millennium's of indigenous occupation. I'm not convinced it's not just a core, but maybe it had a intentional use and maybe it was used in several ways?. I'm positive it wasn't shaped by the natural forces of erosion, as it was found on a plateau piled high with alluvium rock. Someone definitely left it in this location many moons ago.. It measures 3.75" long.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170803_092536142.webp
    IMG_20170803_092536142.webp
    350.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20170803_092548948.webp
    IMG_20170803_092548948.webp
    403.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20170803_092721886.webp
    IMG_20170803_092721886.webp
    453 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
Hello,

The top two in your pictures posted SEEM to be cores, the bottom one looks like a fat chopper. Keepers if you collect those, I usual stick to Arrowhead but run into Core materials a lot.
 
that has a classic hand ax look to it
 
Nice find and lets see those fancy green shoes they look interesting ;)
 
Good find! I have always thought that pieces like that could have been made on site to do a job at hand? I'd like to see the shoes also:laughing7:
 
Shoes! Shoes! Shoes!
 
Agreed! Nice find Tamrock! Have you ever been up by Williams Fork/ Granby area?
I've driven US 40 all the way to Heber City, UT many times, as that's the route I like the best going out to Elko, NV. I've been up in the Williams Fork river, but haven't looked around much. This item was found near the upper Arkansas River.
 
Good find! I have always thought that pieces like that could have been made on site to do a job at hand? I'd like to see the shoes also:laughing7:
Oh yeah! Love these shoes. They're made by Keen's. Just watch where your walking so not to step on any ant mounds or cactus. Check out this mornings sunrise. About 3AM I woke to some awesome thunder and lightning from a storm going east leaving this beautiful scene I'd like to share with you all.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170804_062841124.webp
    IMG_20170804_062841124.webp
    377.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20170804_062502088_HDR.webp
    IMG_20170804_062502088_HDR.webp
    238.6 KB · Views: 71

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom