What's new

Son Of a Cow Dog, would you look at this crap.

  • Thread starter Thread starter KirkTN
  • Start date Start date
K

KirkTN

Guest
Brother John Whooped me again. He found 5 eagle buttons today and I found this crap  :-[ well, not all of it's crap. What you're about to see are my humble share of todays finds.
I like the flat button, don't know what era it is, do you? The other button/rivet has 4 W's with what looks like the top of a capitol bldg. between each W. Era? Don't know what the ornate piece with the rose is either. and how about the stirrup. What era do you think it is. Oh yea I have been wanting to find a harmonica reed in one piece, found two instead in the same hole.
 

Attachments

  • relids40%.webp
    relids40%.webp
    61 KB · Views: 2,429
  • buttons55%.webp
    buttons55%.webp
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,409
  • ornate piece25%.webp
    ornate piece25%.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 2,412
  • stirrup30%.webp
    stirrup30%.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,368
Upvote 0
Great finds KirkTN,
You must have forgotten to load the pic with the crap. All I see is treasure.

I must do some research on your buttons ;D
Mike
 
Cool Finds! I like the Stirrup 8)
 
Thanks yall,

trikikiwi, I'd appreciate any info you find on the buttons.

KirkTN
 
Kirk,

I see treasures too. I would love to find some more harmonica reeds. The buttons are really neat, I can't help you with them, but somebody will be along to help ID them. I think you had a great day hunting.

;) RR
 
Mate, I'm guessing the Stad'd button is British by the spelling of colour.

I am very new at trying to id buttons, but I know you will receive the right info from others here.
 
Looks like a great treasure day to me. Congratulations!!
 
Crap? Crap??? That's HISTORY my friend. Way to go!!!

Oh, what kind of spoon is that?

Ray
 
Goes with the territory. I like the hard work as it builds anticipation for the good stuff. It has parrells with fishing. I never liked fishing lakes stocked with thousands of fish (too easy). I like big rivers & stalking specimen fish. Takes longer with many blanks but the rewards are far greater!!

May you have many more cr*p days followed by your due reward :-* ;D
 
Crap??? Where??? Sheesh! I would be thrilled to find that stuff! lol Nice finds!
 
i dunno, i like the button, reeds and that suspender clasp. they may not be coins but they are still cool relics. nice finds!
 
Yup. Pure treasure. No crap here. Good job, keep up the hunting!
 
Wow elk brand, I found a buck brand, and a hawk brand today. Whats up with those buttons?
 
The spoon does have writing on the back I'll try to get a picture. I think the pointed knife lookin' object is a scalpel. TC I don't know about the elk brand button, can't find any info on it, or any thing on the back mark history of the flat button. I thought it was maybe collonial? I am feelin' better about the finds today. Thanks everybody. If you have any more ID info on anything let me know :)
 
triwikki let me know what you find out about the colours button as I have one very similar. the word colours is on the back but not on the outer part. it is on an inside circle.
 
TreasureTales said:
Nice pile of "crap."  I'd be quite happy to find those things.

I'm winging it here, but I think the ornate item with the rose is a Suspender Clip.   Looks maybe Victorian era.
The stirrup looks to be from an English saddle.

What I'd like to know, what is that spike thingy?  

Love the harmonica reeds.  Happy you found them and can now add them to your shadow box.      

The spoon is very nice.  Is there any info on the reverse?  
Ray in CA said:
Crap? Crap??? That's HISTORY my friend. Way to go!!!

Oh, what kind of spoon is that?

Ray

TreasureTales & Ray In CA. here's a pic of the backmark on the spoon. Lookin' at it with a 10x glass it says "PAT.SEPT 31'06 ROGERS NICKEL SILVER"  The hardest one to make out is the 3 on 31 but it's a 3 as best as I can tell. Now, Brother John who now has better than 20 20 after lasik is sure it say SEP 11'06 that's was what I first thought too before I got to lookin' so hard. Thought maybe I was just wantin' it to say 11 because of the significance of the date in todays times. So there you have it.
Thanks KirkTN
 

Attachments

  • ROGERSSPOONBACKMARK50%.webp
    ROGERSSPOONBACKMARK50%.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,776

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom