What's new

Son Of a Cow Dog, would you look at this crap.

  • Thread starter Thread starter KirkTN
  • Start date Start date
K

KirkTN

Guest
Brother John Whooped me again. He found 5 eagle buttons today and I found this crap  :-[ well, not all of it's crap. What you're about to see are my humble share of todays finds.
I like the flat button, don't know what era it is, do you? The other button/rivet has 4 W's with what looks like the top of a capitol bldg. between each W. Era? Don't know what the ornate piece with the rose is either. and how about the stirrup. What era do you think it is. Oh yea I have been wanting to find a harmonica reed in one piece, found two instead in the same hole.
 

Attachments

  • relids40%.webp
    relids40%.webp
    61 KB · Views: 2,429
  • buttons55%.webp
    buttons55%.webp
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,409
  • ornate piece25%.webp
    ornate piece25%.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 2,412
  • stirrup30%.webp
    stirrup30%.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,368
Upvote 0
2country said:
The flat button is from the early 1800's , prior to 1840 anyway .

Kirk,
I agree with 2country. All the Stand Colour ones I've see date around the 1820-1840 era. Great find.
Nice job on the decorative clip too.
I'm NOT seeing any cr-p in your pile there Buddy.
You've got a nice spot there.
Congrats,
MM
 
KirkTN said:
TreasureTales & Ray In CA. here's a pic of the backmark on the spoon. Lookin' at it with a 10x glass it says "PAT.SEPT 31'06 ROGERS NICKEL SILVER" The hardest one to make out is the 3 on 31 but it's a 3 as best as I can tell.

That is AWESOME! If you don't want this crap, send it to me and I'll gladly add it to my crap spoon collection, hehe. ;D ;D

Seriously, to me finding something like this is almost as gratifying as finding an old silver coin. It's one of the fringe benefits of coinshooting.

Keep posting your crap. We love it!

Ray
 
Dont think the elk brand is colonial I always wondered about those buttons
 

Attachments

  • CCI00080.webp
    CCI00080.webp
    10 KB · Views: 1,668
TreasureTales said:
I think the ornate item with the rose is a Suspender Clip. Looks maybe Victorian era.

That is exactly that that is. I have dug many of these clips at old house sites.


Regards,


Buckleboy
 
The tid bits of ID knowledge gained from folks on this site makes being a charter member all the sweeter. Thanks everyone. ;D

KirkTN
 
TEXAN Connection said:
Dont think the elk brand is colonial I always wondered about those buttons

I'm thinking early 1900's work clothes buttons. I've found a few in the past too.
Need collection though.
-MM-
 
Hey Thanks ModerMiner, I just added a question about the elk brand to TexanConnections post about buttons of this type.
 

Attachments

  • B & L.webp
    B & L.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,596
  • Sweet Orr.webp
    Sweet Orr.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,599
  • B & L.webp
    B & L.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,596
  • Sweet Orr.webp
    Sweet Orr.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,588
Thanks again ModerMiner, cool site I just added it to my favorites. I appreciate your research. ;)

ps that sweet orr button is really interesting.
 
Look's good to me Kirk....that's a good day in my book.A little bit of electrolysis on the stirrup should make a nice piece for the mantel.Congrat's and HH!!
 
Hey civilman, I think I'll try that. I just made me up one of those little do it yourself electolysis get ups today. Been tryin' it out on some worthless pieces. It works :D
 
Congrats on your great finds. I'd like to see some pics of the stirrup after you clean it in your new electrolysis.
HH
 
Wow,I don't see any crap there man...all are treasure to me...Haha...

I like the stirrup a alot...I would like to do some research on that too...maybe I can help to identify the era...

Great Job! Keep it up!

-James-
 
Thanks MJ I was thinkin' it was cool that most of the reeds where left. I appreciate the link also. ;)
 
Have you lost your mind? Awesome finds! I love buttons. I've only found one noteworthy in the past 2 years. WTG
 
Oh yea I have been wanting to find a harmonica reed in one piece, found two instead in the same hole.

Great stuff! I'm always happy to dig stuff older than me.

Just FYI - all harmonicas have two reed plates - one for blowing, the other for sucking (can I say that in a family forum? ??? :P :-X). I'm surprised people don't ALWAYS find two in the same hole. How can you lose half a harmonica?

Looks like you found a popular camp spot. I dig a place where I've found 4000 year old arrow heads all the way up to items from the 1930 within a 200 ft radius.

Keep digging!

DCMatt
 
Man if I found that stuff I would be flying!!

That is really good crap as you call it.


I wish I could find some more places around here with crap like that.

Good job
 
DCMatt said:
Oh yea I have been wanting to find a harmonica reed in one piece, found two instead in the same hole.


I'm surprised people don't ALWAYS find two in the same hole. How can you lose half a harmonica?


DCMatt

By getting it ploughed to bits :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom