What's new

Son Of a Cow Dog, would you look at this crap.

  • Thread starter Thread starter KirkTN
  • Start date Start date
K

KirkTN

Guest
Brother John Whooped me again. He found 5 eagle buttons today and I found this crap  :-[ well, not all of it's crap. What you're about to see are my humble share of todays finds.
I like the flat button, don't know what era it is, do you? The other button/rivet has 4 W's with what looks like the top of a capitol bldg. between each W. Era? Don't know what the ornate piece with the rose is either. and how about the stirrup. What era do you think it is. Oh yea I have been wanting to find a harmonica reed in one piece, found two instead in the same hole.
 

Attachments

  • relids40%.webp
    relids40%.webp
    61 KB · Views: 2,429
  • buttons55%.webp
    buttons55%.webp
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,409
  • ornate piece25%.webp
    ornate piece25%.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 2,412
  • stirrup30%.webp
    stirrup30%.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,368
Upvote 0
nice digs,way to go.
 
After looking at these pics I think i found a reed last year. What do you all think?
 

Attachments

  • 11-3-07Reed.webp
    11-3-07Reed.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 884
I found a harmonica reed and a lipstick tube on an old railroad that they were tearing up. I had no idea what they were till i visited this site. Are reeds rare?
 
Fisher said:
After looking at these pics I think i found a reed last year. What do you all think?

That'd Be One for sure.
Cinder2007 said:
I found a harmonica reed and a lipstick tube on an old railroad that they were tearing up. I had no idea what they were till i visited this site. Are reeds rare?

Semi rare I'd say, It's just that they come from another time when harmonicas were more popular. Some back to the civil war era If I'm not mistaken. To me they conjure up the image of maybe a soldier, or a cowboy playing campfire songs.
 
There were many types and sizes of reeds and reed boards, or reed plates. The reed itself in the little piece that vibrated.

The reed boards you are showing are as common as heck - harmonica's were the radios of the day. Everyone had one...

There are also single reed pieces that were part of squeeze boxes, and other reed pieces that went in organs and such. Very common finds... from farmhouses to battlefields. I have a bunch but LOVE picking them up.
 
Nice batch of finds! You could do a lot worse, my friend. Those reeds are always fun to find.

Cheers and HH,
Brendan
 
No crap here. All I see is crappe' and junque! Monty
 
uh your spike type item might be part of a bayonet or a leather awl of sorts
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom