What's new

Sorting tabs at the old park for gold ! Got a few surprises in this pounded park

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
2,220
Reaction score
904
Golden Thread
1
Location
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't usually hunt parks ! I usually relic hunt in the woods and old farm fields ! It is just how I prefer to spend my valuable detecting time . I also feel my little Tesoro is just not suited for coin shooting ( like silverfreak ) in a 113 year old park that has been pounded by every M-der in town for the last 40 years ! However I got laid off from work last Friday and I have time on my hands, and the park is only 2 blocks from my house ! So I decided my little tesoro and me would go on a jewelry hunt in the park today. I went with the attitude that I would dig everything just above foil on my machine, I concentrated on the area that the high schoolers play Frisbee on almost every nice day. I was after GOLD ! My third pass gridding and finding Plenty of can slaw and pull tabs I finally pulled this Little 10 K ring out of a hole ! ! One gold in my first hour ! I was feeling optimistic ! Well that was it for the gold ! I did make a few other Interesing finds ! The big brass peace symbol and the brass feather key chain end were in the same hole about 4 inches down ! I don't Know how the others missed this cause it was a screamer ! I also found 1 no date Indian, 1 no date Buffalo, and 1 1945 wheat, The Big surprise was the cast iron toy wheelbarrow. I knew it was a good sized ferrous object and I suspected an ox or horse shoe since I dig plenty of those ! nope not a shoe! 8 inches down a cast iron toy wheelbarrow ! I never would have guessed I would find it in a pounded out park !! I invite one and all to go hunt this park I am even Including a map ! It is actually the architects conception drawing from 1897. MaineRelic.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0610.webp
    IMG_0610.webp
    61 KB · Views: 824
  • IMG_0611.webp
    IMG_0611.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 816
  • IMG_0612.webp
    IMG_0612.webp
    7.3 KB · Views: 815
  • IMG_0614.webp
    IMG_0614.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 821
  • IMG_0615.webp
    IMG_0615.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_0616.webp
    IMG_0616.webp
    27.3 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_0617.webp
    IMG_0617.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 800
Upvote 0
nice lil ring and buff :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF
 
Cool finds all around, Congrats on that Gold ring, sweet! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.
 
Nice score on the gold ring :headbang:

I'd love to hunt that park, the map looks very inviting if it's changed little...but it would be a bit of a drive from CA :laughing7:

Hope you find a few more goodies from there, and sorry to hear about your job (I've been in the same boat since last summer).

HH,
Brian
 
Nice finds MR :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
i have hunted that park many times years ago, i took some nice barber and merury dimes out of there and two gold rings back in the 1980s. one guy put a piece in the newspaper that he found a dollar gold piece in that park...i also found lots of wheaties and indian head pennies, im only about 28 miles from there and havent done it for years. thanks for reviving my interest in an old hunting spot.... unclevinn
 
Good Job on the ring! Your determination really paid off! :icon_thumleft:

HH,
Moon
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom