South Fork American with the Bazooka

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a great day on the river. Cleared some cobble then just barehanded scoops to the pan to the Bazooka. It did the rest of the work.

IMG_1861.JPG IMG_1866.JPG

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice haul buddy!

Campngolf

Feb 4, 2014
NorCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks a lot more fun than how I spent my day... cleaning the garage. :BangHead: But the boss is happy so maybe that means more time on the river.

Last edited:

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a great day on the American river. I wish every time I went out sluicing had your results. Very nice!:thumbsup:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, imagine what you could do with a shovel! LoL...seriously, why only hands n pans?

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, imagine what you could do with a shovel! LoL...seriously, why only hands n pans?
Mojo has webbed fingers that scoop gold. I noticed a few pickers fall out of his fingernails at the bbq party.

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All of Folsom lake and 2 miles up river from the salmon falls bridge is suppose to be hands and pans only. The rangers sometimes check the people close to the bridge.

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After scooping by hand it feels like I have sandpaper for hands. Anyone need a hand on some prep work?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All of Folsom lake and 2 miles up river from the salmon falls bridge is suppose to be hands and pans only. The rangers sometimes check the people close to the bridge.
Ah, got it....hate that rule! If it was imposed here, I think I'd make a customized Garret SuperSluice (cause they are such thick plastic) so it came to a shovel shape on one side ;)

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hydraulic mining not permitted within sight of the ranger lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread